Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaked documents reveal Tesla had an aggressive production ramp for its Model Y — but the company says that its plans have changed

Summaries from the top of the article:
  • Internal documents seen by Business Insider reveal that Tesla had plans to build its next new vehicle, the Model Y SUVcrossover, at its Nevada Gigafactory and its yet-to-be-built factory in China.
  • According to the documents, which were sent before the company’s earnings call in October, the company had planned to ramp both factory’s Model Y production lines up to 7,000 and 5,000 cars, respectively, by early 2021.
  • The Model Y, which will be built on the Model 3 platform, was slated to have a third row of seats, an IP Riser, and a center consul riser, according to the documents.
  • A Tesla spokesperson told Business Insider that the timeline and information in the documents were “outdated,” but did not specify any further.
  • The company planned to have a pilot Model Y line built at Gigafactory 1 by June 1, 2020, with standard operating procedures in place by August 1, 2020. By September 1, 2020, the company aimed to ramp production up to 2,000 Model Ys a week at Gigafactory 1.
  • The China Model Y pilot line was projected to be built by early October 2020 with the line ramping up to 2,000 Model Ys by November/December 2020.
  • The Model Y documents reviewed by Business Insider outline manufacturing/design changes or additions to the vehicle that will make it different than the Model 3. They include the addition of an IP Riser, a center console riser, and third row of seats.

Coincidence we get the paid trolls and a coordinated stock price assault within the same hour?
Definitely not

For the record:
I'm not even a little worried. It's clear shorts are at their most desperate, and least credible. Whatever they might accomplish today will be undone easily. I'm holding and would buy more if I had the pocket change. Big up move most likely incoming this week

To offer a counter-point: I got a flat tire 2 1/2 weeks ago tow truck came out and took the wheel that night, gave me a loaner, and said it would be taken to the Sunnyvale SC(so far, so good). That’s the last I’ve heard from them.

As an experiment, I’ve decided I’m not going to call them about it(at least for a month or two); just wait for them to call me. I’m curious to see if they ever do.

Probably not. You may be driving that loaner for years. But let us know!

What the heck caused that? Doesn't seem like a normal MMD...

Dumb reason but per briefing.com:
13:47
TSLA
Tesla shares dropping in recent trade following report that electric car subsides will end in 2020 or 2021 (354.00 +3.52)
  • Also keeping solar names on radar following report that cut in subsidies could also include renewable energy.

The Mountain View Fire Department applied about 200 gallons of water and foam to extinguish the post-crash fire. The battery reignited five days after the crash in an impound lot and was extinguished by the San Mateo Fire Department.

The preliminary report is available online at https://goo.gl/cDv2kf.

Moderator....where are you?!?! Time to ban this obvious troll.

I see Tesla employees hard at work. So here are the facts.
Seeking Alpha wrote in December
December 2017 $343. March $266
October 2018 $258. December $362.
It may just be you enjoy bouncing on a stick but facts are facts.
Your facts are not part of reality.
Do you wear a jockey hat as you read the stock ticket?
Production is up for a single quarter, for X-mas bonuses.
No mention of the failing batteries plaguing Tesla and the insurance payouts necessary to continue removing this "little" problem from news articles. Use a VPN and you should have no problem finding them if you are in the US and your search results are being filtered for you.
@LifeUnderDaMic
I remember reading a story sometime in the last 6 months about shorts whom were ->>triple<<- leveraged somehow I didn’t quite understand
Are you possibly one of those folks?
Anyway, if so, thanks for subsidizing my trip to Kaua’i

Status
Not open for further replies.