Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 357899

All right. So a bunch of people think he is not! . Lets see...

China Auto tariffs were 25% earlier this year and they said they will cut it down voluntarily without anything in return to 15% from July.

But instead because of this buffoon they retaliated by increasing it to 40%. Now after this 90 days ceasefire in the G40 summit they are back to 25%. So instead of what could have been 15% it is now at 25% tariff.

And then this tweet comes out and sheep are lapping it up. And this is exactly what a scamster or conman does. Cheats and tricks people all the time..

View attachment 357898

No. I don't like Trump. I didn't vote for Trump. However, this thread is not about Trump. I click on this thread to read about TSLA Market Action. Barring that, it's interesting to see discussion related to Tesla. I don't click on this thread to see bitching about Trump. Since you are posting off topics, your posts are getting Disagrees from me. Your political views are not the subject of this thread.

That might account for recent large buys first thing in the morning.

That is one possibility. Another is that there is "buy at the close" and a "buy at the open" function that larger institutions use. When an institution places a buy at the close order, that institution agrees to buy at the closing price of the day. This allows them to get a large number of shares without moving the price appreciably. The counter party is the market maker, and the market maker either buys the shares in during the day, or remains short thru the night and then has to settle up then by buying the shares on the market. It is my understanding that sometimes these market makers have to settle up in the morning after being short overnight and they do so by buying in the morning.
If anyone has more insight into this, please correct me or add to this! Some of it is speculation.

Thanks for the links. Interesting.

In my post about instinct - I wasn’t talking about stocks at all. It was about what I thought Trump was going to do in G20 - having observed his behavior for a long time. You could also call it “informed guess”.

As it turned out - my guess was in the right direction. Instead of selling calls around 350, I sold around 365 and got about 10% more.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Not sure if has been reported already, but at some point in the last 24 hours the Swiss website has been updated to the latest US/Canada layout. With model 3 right on top (as it was for sometime in US).
I imagine this applies to all Europe.
Even more exciting news is that FAQ now says all reservation holders will receive invitation to configure before the end of 2018, and orders placed before the end of the year will be delivered in first half of 2019.

It’s happening!!!

(maybe this is part of the reason fox yesterday’s strength)

Not sure if has been reported already, but at some point in the last 24 hours the Swiss website has been updated to the latest US/Canada layout. With model 3 right on top (as it was for sometime in US).
I imagine this applies to all Europe.
Even more exciting news is that FAQ now says all reservation holders will receive invitation to configure before the end of 2018, and orders placed before the end of the year will be delivered in first half of 2019.

It’s happening!!!

(maybe this is part of the reason fox yesterday’s strength)

Awesome! What FAQ are you looking at? Screenshot? Still trying to find somewhere that it says that orders before the end of the year will be delivered in the first half of 2019... (region: "Other Europe")

Yeah, just found that. But it doesn't match up with "Other Europe":

Switzerland (via Google Translate):

If I confirm my Model 3 order today, when will it be delivered to me?
All Model 3s ordered in 2018 are expected to be delivered in the first half of 2019, depending on the reservation date, delivery location and configuration options. Once you have set up your Model 3, you will be given an approximate delivery time. Current times may vary depending on where you live and your configuration options.

Other Europe:

When will I be invited to configure my Model 3, and when can I take delivery?
Model 3 reservation holders are receiving invitations to order and design Model 3 based on the time and date that they placed their reservation. Deliveries have started in the U.S. and Canada, with other international deliveries starting in 2019. As you design your Model 3, you will see an estimated delivery timing—which will be based on your location and configuration options. If you would like to wait for a version of Model 3 that is not yet in production, you can choose to hold your place in line and be notified when your desired options become available.

Yeah, just found that. But it doesn't match up with "Other Europe":

Switzerland (via Google Translate):

If I confirm my Model 3 order today, when will it be delivered to me?
All Model 3s ordered in 2018 are expected to be delivered in the first half of 2019, depending on the reservation date, delivery location and configuration options. Once you have set up your Model 3, you will be given an approximate delivery time. Current times may vary depending on where you live and your configuration options.

Other Europe:

When will I be invited to configure my Model 3, and when can I take delivery?
Model 3 reservation holders are receiving invitations to order and design Model 3 based on the time and date that they placed their reservation. Deliveries have started in the U.S. and Canada, with other international deliveries starting in 2019. As you design your Model 3, you will see an estimated delivery timing—which will be based on your location and configuration options. If you would like to wait for a version of Model 3 that is not yet in production, you can choose to hold your place in line and be notified when your desired options become available.
Interesting... so somehow they are prioritizing countries. Maybe based on numbers of reservation? Certainly not on tax credit or similar, as we have nothing in Switzerland

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Interesting... so somehow they are prioritizing countries. Maybe based on numbers of reservation? Certainly not on tax credit or similar, as we have nothing in Switzerland

Can see a change in germany too.

Lately there was still the Model S vs Model 3 comparison, where they tried to sell you a S.

Now we get several layers to scroll down, all praising the 3.

Looks like the production is running smooth!

Like this:
Model 3 Germany update HP.JPG

Oh and here are the german FAQs, if needed:
Bestellung und Fahrzeugübergabe - Model 3

"Alle Reservierungsinhaber in Kontinentaleuropa werden bis 31. Dezember 2018 zur Bestellung ihres Model 3 eingeladen."

Means: Everyone with a reservation will be invited to order by Dec 31.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.