Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed for the last two days that TuneIn is not working. Just shows the “Have a TuneIn account?” question.
It used to have a default car account.
Yeah it has been like that for a few weeks now since 2020.12.11.x . Hopefully 2020.16.x.x software version fixes this. I have not got the v16 update yet. so cannot tell. In the meantime TuneIn still works if you have "favourited" tunein channels. They show up in the second level of zoom in the media player (when in takes up half screen height). Scroll one way for recent and the other for favourites. You may have to work your way through all the favourite radio and spotify playlists to eventually find them

Yeah it has been like that for a few weeks now since 2020.12.11.x . Hopefully 2020.16.x.x software version fixes this. I have not got the v16 update yet. so cannot tell. In the meantime TuneIn still works if you have "favourited" tunein channels. They show up in the second level of zoom in the media player (when in takes up half screen height). Scroll one way for recent and the other for favourites. You may have to work your way through all the favourite radio and spotify playlists to eventually find them
Thanks for that, you’re right. If the window is zoomed to the halfway mark then everything shows up as normal. But if it’s at the widest setting then everything disappears and it shows the login button. I’m actually on version 16 so I can confirm it doesn’t get fixed in that version :-(

The problem is that you can scroll through the history of episodes unless it’s zoomed to the highest level. So if I want to get back 10 episodes and have to run each episode in order, even letting each episode buffer right to the end before I can go to the next one.

The problem is that you cannot scroll through the history of episodes unless it’s zoomed to the highest level. So if I want to get back 10 episodes and have to run each episode in order, even letting each episode buffer right to the end before I can go to the next one.

You can actually (if I understand your observation correctly). My teenage son pointed this out to me, as I would never have noticed it.

upload_2020-6-1_9-22-31.png

If the Tunein content is a podcast, it will have a hamburger icon to the left of the title when it is the active content. In the screenshot above, ABC NewsRadio is Tunein, but not a podcast. So no icon. Tap the hamburger icon and the episode list will open in the elusive full size view! From here you can play any episode as per normal.

You can actually (if I understand your observation correctly). My teenage son pointed this out to me, as I would never have noticed it.

View attachment 546561

If the Tunein content is a podcast, it will have a hamburger icon to the left of the title when it is the active content. In the screenshot above, ABC NewsRadio is Tunein, but not a podcast. So no icon. Tap the hamburger icon and the episode list will open in the elusive full size view! From here you can play any episode as per normal.
The hamburger (love that term) just zooms to the max size.
Having said that, it has started working for me again, without needing a software upgrade.

Yes, a recent update seems to have fixed many bugs. I gave someone a their first ride in a Tesla a few days ago and she was quite interested in the centre screen, so we did the “Navigate to - - - and Play - - - functions and they all worked flawlessly. I don’t know if she or I was more surprised.