Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn off Explicit Lyrics in Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8.0 software update about Explicit Lyrics on the Streaming music...

The previous setting in the Control Panel is gone. Instead there is an option at the bottom of the Streaming page to "Login to your Slacker Account".

HOWEVER, I have not been able to use my old username and password to login. I type it in and the screen then says "Loading... using Tesla account".
After talking to Tesla Support, they claim that the unique Tesla Slacker account is hidden, but is still there. There is no longer a need to enter the username and password if you want to use the "free" one that comes with your Tesla. This "Login" option is only if you have your own non-Tesla Slacker account.

You can create a Slacker free account that is non-Tesla and do fine. You may hear some announcements every so often or something though. I have one and can verify that under Account Settings (on Slacker from a browser), then General Settings, there is a "Play Explicit Content" radio button you can set on/off.

• Informative
Reactions: Softwizard
So I have noted that ever since 8.0, the previous fix for Explicit Lyrics (i.e. turning them off via the web on your Tesla provided Slacker account) doesn't work.

I reported it to Tesla and they said they have nothing to do with it (gee, thanx!)

I then took it to Slacker. Here is the exchange:

Frank S. (Slacker Radio)
Nov 29, 10:06 PST

Explicit content filters are not available on Tesla cars at this time (as Tesla has chosen not to support them at this time).

Please provide the e-mail address associated with your Tesla car and we'll be happy to investigate further.

Best regards,
Frank
Slacker Support

Marc Matthews
Nov 13, 08:59 PST

Here is another one with "Explicit Lyrics" in the song title. I am not telling you how to program your service, but if someone turns OFF "Explicit" on their account, the first thing that should be screened would be songs with that in the title.

So I got my MX back in July (obviously pre 8.0). At that time, I asked my SC for the slacker login info and they gave it to me. I then went via web and was able to not only change the login info but also remove explicit lyrics. So did it at the account level. Maybe try and see if that works?