Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn Off Presidential Alert Notifications. Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After searching the web apparently there is no way to turn off "Presidential Alerts". There must be a workaround. I know there are plenty of software engineers, Tesla hackers etc on TMC. Any ideas how to block these for iPhone users?

Note: this is not a thread debating the merits of the presidential alert system, only ideas regarding the disabling of such.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and RedMS
These alerts will only happen once every three years as they do mandatory testing of the system. Personally, I think FEMA chose poorly in calling it a Presidential Alert instead of something like National Alert. But, they didn't ask me, so we have what we have.

I did find it interesting that the numerous cell phones in the office triggered over the course of several (maybe 5) seconds today. I'm guessing these were differences between how long each cell provider (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, ...) and each specific model of phone took to process and display the alert message.

Reactions: SSedan
These alerts will only happen once every three years as they do mandatory testing of the system. Personally, I think FEMA chose poorly in calling it a Presidential Alert instead of something like National Alert. But, they didn't ask me, so we have what we have.

I did find it interesting that the numerous cell phones in the office triggered over the course of several (maybe 5) seconds today. I'm guessing these were differences between how long each cell provider (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, ...) and each specific model of phone took to process and display the alert message.
The signal was broadcast over 30 mins. I got mine at exactly 11:18am PST

• Informative
Reactions: swaltner
I've read some stupid stuff on TMC. This takes the cake. I think you have major underlying issues that you should seek help for.
I do have major unresolved issues(like an unhealthy obsession with a certain car company) but this alert woke me up during a really terrific nap and that cannot ever happen again. If I'm sleeping I really don't want to know about the incoming nuke. Anyhow getting off track...come on Tesla brainiacs...how do we block this thing?

Turning the phone to do-not-disturb mode should (hopefully) silence the alert, but you'll need to manually go into the notifications settings to re-enable the sounds that you *do* want (ie. phone ringing, text message notifications, etc.) That's what ultimately worked for me to get rid of the annoying sound whenever the phone loses or gains signal. However I since got a new phone and had not made those changes prior to this Presidential Alert, so hadn't had the chance to test this. Good luck. I hate this invasion of my quiet space too - I know how it feels!