Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn Signal Stuck Flashing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the turn signal "stick"? Twice during an hour long drive my right turn signal was stuck flashing after I activated it. I could not deactivate it using the stalk. I reset the computer by holding down both steering wheel buttons and when it came back on the signal was still flashing but I was then able to deactivate it using the stalk.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar.

I've had it stick after taking control while trying to get the autopilot to change lanes. The fix for that is to turn the signal in the opposite direction, just briefly and it'll stop. Not sure if that's what you experienced, but you may want to give that a try instead of rebooting the PC. If you already tried that then I don't know what else to try other than what you did.

• Informative
Reactions: astrowunder
I've had it stick after taking control while trying to get the autopilot to change lanes. The fix for that is to turn the signal in the opposite direction, just briefly and it'll stop. Not sure if that's what you experienced, but you may want to give that a try instead of rebooting the PC. If you already tried that then I don't know what else to try other than what you did.
Thanks for the reply. I did try that but it didn’t work for me. I tried tapping it in both directions and even holding it down in the opposite direction.

Yea it's very strange. I already had my signal module replaced a while back to fix the issue where it would stay on with a soft press instead of doing the 3 blink (it wouldn't actually be stuck though, as I could always cancel it). Also the fact that it never happened before makes me think it was a strange bug. Oh well. I'll just have to hope it doesn't come back.

I haven't had it stick like that. I have had it persist if I left it on while parking, got out and locked the car, and came back and started the car again. So not surprised it was still on after a reboot. Given the reboot fixed it, I would think it should be fine now. Just one of those strange computer things.