Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning signal button "stuck"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happens when you rest your finger lightly on the button. The workaround is to lift your finger completely off the button, then push it again.

I don't see that Tesla has new parts. They swap the scroll wheel and button module or the entire steering wheel, but the new ones still seem to have the same problem. Any newer experience, anyone?

Reactions: cardsdoc
I have a feeling that this might be a widespread issue that affects the right signal button. All of the YouTube Tesla reviewers/owners I follow who took delivery had a similar issue. I'm a bit hesitant to take this in Tesla service as it might "possibly" become worse. I hope a solution will come out soon.
Yeah all my other buttons are good so don’t really want to risk it if there isn’t really a fix yet. I have a mobile service coming up for a garage opener install. I messaged service and asked if they had any experience with the signal button issue yet and they said no but tech would take a quick look at it while there. Not expecting anything though. I’ll try lifting my finger off button first as noted above and see if that helps.

Every once in a while I have the same issue, what is interesting is that the button has two "states" - touch and depressed. You can see this in the Service menu, when you touch the button but don't depress - it has an indicator that it's being touched.

What caught me as interesting is that if the button doesn't have this "touched" indicator, it physically cannot be depressed. Say for example you use a pen that won't "conduct" and trigger the "touch" state - the button seems to be physically blocked from being depressed. First off, this is really interesting to me as there seems to be a physical limiter in the switch that prevents the button from moving unless it senses touch. I assume though that this is where I'm having trouble - that every once in a while my finger isn't landing in the correct position to trigger the "touch" state or that something is preventing that touch from being registered.

I don't think this is good or excusable but if you're consistently having issues, I'd go into the Service menu and play around with just touching the buttons but not depressing and seeing if your touch state is being captured when and how you would expect.