Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S & X Yoke mounted turn signal buttons should light up when activated.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UncaNed

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2015
East coast
It's easy to accidently activate a Yoke-button turn signal.

Problem is, to see which one you, have to look at the little display to see, then turn your attention to the corresponding button on the yoke and apply that to which button to press to shut it off.

A better solution is that Tesla needs for the turn signal activation buttons themselves to light up flashing green so you can see at a glance which button you need to press to shut off the signal. (I can't seem to insert the photo attached below).
Tesla X turn signal not lit-C.jpg

Tesla X turn signal not lit-C.jpg

Last edited:
After a good while there is no need to ever look at the button. You also will rarely bump it.

My gripe is, hitting the button again cancels it. They should have a middle button to simulate center on the stick (off).

I often will verify a blinker is on, unconsciously, with out checking if it’s on, just touch the lever again. You have Cues as you drive that cue you to signal. You might get multiple cues.

Sometimes, I’m moving left followed by a left turn. Where in that situation I might actually be turning it off when I‘m just subconsciously (muscle memory) confirming it was on.

Hitting the arrow button should always be on, even if it’s on.

Reactions: Surfer of Life