Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuxmat Carpets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went ahead and ordered a set of Tuxmat on Tuesday for my 2021 Y after Teslashield could not get their story straight. I already received them today, 3 days later.
The coverage is unrivaled. It almost covered all the carpeted area in the front. I almost feel like it’s overkill. Fitment in the front seems to be better than in the rear. The driver side needs some effort to make everything line up nicely. I spent 30 minuets installing all 3 mats and I was sweating like crazy.
I have a set of Maxpider 3D in my Model 3 which I thought was very nice. These Tuxmats are twice as thick. At $198, I think it’s a bargain. They’re quite bulky though and now the right side of my right foot is touching the driver mat when I step on the accelerator pedal because the mat extends all the way up. I have one month to try it out. See if I can live with it.
These seem very protective and look nice too. They do not look rubbery or plasticky in the pictures. Do you feel they look too bulky in person? Did you get the trunk mats? If so, any pictures to show? Thanks.

These seem very protective and look nice too. They do not look rubbery or plasticky in the pictures. Do you feel they look too bulky in person? Did you get the trunk mats? If so, any pictures to show? Thanks.
They’re not too bulky but the tall sidewall might take some time to get used to. I know I’ll appreciate that when winter comes. I also wish the color could be a shade darker but I can live with that.

The rear mat’s sidewall is also tall. It covers the carpeted area where my 7-year-old’s heels would touch while she’s sitting on her booster. The area right below the seat cushion.

I’m also happy to report that the driver’s mat does not affect how I drive at all. At first I worried about my right foot touching the sidewall but that’s not the case. After 2 days of driving I’m quite happy with the mats. It’s a keeper!

They’re not too bulky but the tall sidewall might take some time to get used to. I know I’ll appreciate that when winter comes. I also wish the color could be a shade darker but I can live with that.

The rear mat’s sidewall is also tall. It covers the carpeted area where my 7-year-old’s heels would touch while she’s sitting on her booster. The area right below the seat cushion.

I’m also happy to report that the driver’s mat does not affect how I drive at all. At first I worried about my right foot touching the sidewall but that’s not the case. After 2 days of driving I’m quite happy with the mats. It’s a keeper!
Thanks a lot for all the details! Very helpful information.

I went ahead and ordered a set of Tuxmat on Tuesday for my 2021 Y after Teslashield could not get their story straight. I already received them today, 3 days later.
The coverage is unrivaled. It almost covered all the carpeted area in the front. I almost feel like it’s overkill. Fitment in the front seems to be better than in the rear. The driver side needs some effort to make everything line up nicely. I spent 30 minuets installing all 3 mats and I was sweating like crazy.
I have a set of Maxpider 3D in my Model 3 which I thought was very nice. These Tuxmats are twice as thick. At $198, I think it’s a bargain. They’re quite bulky though and now the right side of my right foot is touching the driver mat when I step on the accelerator pedal because the mat extends all the way up. I have one month to try it out. See if I can live with it.
I have also had the Tuxmats for a couple of month on a March 2021 Model Y. The only mat that seems to fit correctly is the front passenger. Drivers side left panel is too tall and long and buts up against the accelerator pedal cover which causes this side buckle out. The back lip carpet cover for the rear is also too high and also buckles and cannot be secured correcrly with the clips under the seat. Have contacted Tuxmat and sent pictures and videos but they have no intention of updating the design. I really like the additional coverage but the fit is lacking. I’m still not sure if im going to keep them.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I got them and put the front passenger and rear mats in immediately. I'm impressed with the quality.

The front driver mat needs time to relieve a bend due to the way it was packed. You can see a slight bow in the front passenger mat at the console.

Tuxmats_in_white_interior.jpg

Anyone got these with the white seats they can share how it looks?

I am having a similar issue. Bought mats in August, and the driver right side wall does not fit correctly. It bows out at the centre console, and won't stay stuck to the retaining clip I used either. Shame because these are awesome mats otherwise.

My drivers side right wall seems to be holding. I think it needs time to undo the deformation from packing/shipping. Fortunately, they provide a lot of clips if you just want to brute force it.

Vacuuming is so much easier with the Tuxmats.

I am having a similar issue. Bought mats in August, and the driver right side wall does not fit correctly. It bows out at the centre console, and won't stay stuck to the retaining clip I used either. Shame because these are awesome mats otherwise.

Reactions: jpaychek