Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuxMat Floor Liners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my TuxMats! They fit perfectly, provide great coverage, are easy to clean, and I think they look great.
I've compared them side by side with the Maxpiders and I prefer the aesthetic of the Tux's, but it really is a matter of personal preference.

One thing I think could be improved on the TuxMats is the need for the retaining clips. I chose to install two snaps in each of the front matts to secure them to the center console. Then I just use one clip along the door sill trim to keep the mat in place.

Cheers,
-Mark

How did you go about installing those snaps?

How did you go about installing those snaps?
First I removed the side panels from the center console (they pull off fairly easily) to choose an appropriate location for the inner (male) side of the snaps and marked the spot with a piece of tape. Then I reinstalled the side panels and put the floor mats in place. Once I was happy with the location of the mats, I drilled a hole through both the mats and the side panels at the same time so that all the snaps would be perfectly aligned. Finally I removed the mats & panels and riveted the snaps in place.
Here's a video that shows the riveting process:

• Informative
Reactions: BioSehnsucht
I wonder if standard automotive panel clips would work well?
panelclip.jpg

When I emailed Tuxmat/Citadel about this problem, they didn't bother to respond. Poor customer service considering spending over $500 for a full set up.

Attachments

• panelclip.jpg
    panelclip.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Informative
Reactions: Kbra
I wonder if standard automotive panel clips would work well?
When I emailed Tuxmat/Citadel about this problem, they didn't bother to respond. Poor customer service considering spending over $500 for a full set up.
My experience is the opposite TuxMat was very quick to reply. I would try them again and optionally give them a call.
Now that we've had snow several times the coverage compared to other mats I've purchased over the years is well worth the investment.

First I removed the side panels from the center console (they pull off fairly easily) to choose an appropriate location for the inner (male) side of the snaps and marked the spot with a piece of tape. Then I reinstalled the side panels and put the floor mats in place. Once I was happy with the location of the mats, I drilled a hole through both the mats and the side panels at the same time so that all the snaps would be perfectly aligned. Finally I removed the mats & panels and riveted the snaps in place.
Here's a video that shows the riveting process:

You drilled holes into your console (and side outer panel?) just to install mats? Wouldn’t some heavy duty velcro been a less destructive solution?