TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Two minor questions.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by StellarRat, Aug 4, 2018.

1. StellarRat

StellarRat Member

1. Is there a screen or setting somewhere to display power consumption per mile average? My Leaf had that.

2. My firmware appears to be 24.7 xxx from what I'm reading there is newer firmware out there. How long does it take to get the newest firmware normally? My understanding is that this is not a process that the user controls.

2. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

1. Swipe the cards, bottom left screen, to the right to see Wh/mi
    2. Random. Days to months for now.

3. StellarRat

StellarRat Member

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

4. buddhra

buddhra Member

You may also want to set up one of the trip meters to track "lifetime" efficiency, like so:

5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

Lifetime efficiency?

I was watching my trip odometers recently and noticed that they were changing values too quickly. On a odometer with 400 miles, you shouldn't see any change over 10 miles, but yet I saw both a decrease and increase in that time.

6. Charlie_T

Charlie_T Member

I don't think there is a built in lifetime efficiency counter. However I never reset one of the trip odometers and so it shows the miles since I got the car and the average efficiency over that time.

7. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Sadly for day to day driving i found no use for the two trip counters anymore. I use to use them to measure “tank” and “current” trip.

Both are now built in as cards.

8. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

If you really want to geek out on data.....
    Try teslafi.com
    It’s not free but they have a free trial to get you hooked