Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Type of USB for Sentry Mode in New Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Save the USB C port for charging. It's much faster. Get a Samsung t5. Don't skim on the drive. Don't go SD card or USB flash. SSD is what you need. I have a SanDisk ssd external that comes as a USB C but has a USB A adapter so I'm sort of future proof. I partitioned it before the car supports formating. But I separated the partition so I can load music on one and use other for sentry.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
Slight off topic but still relevant.... but when do you think thieves will figure out that all they need to do is yank out the storage device.. hence losing all evidence of the issue at hand. I often think "yay i have my sentry in case something happens".. only to think.. "well, hopefully they're not smart enough to yank out my USB". I feel like T should include some type of internal storage that can't be so easily taken out of the car. I know there are products designed to help hide the storage device but that's also a temp fix until folks start getting hip to that as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White