Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
about time to replace my tyres so I am coming back to ask for advice

googled and searched this forum, saw there are new tyres with foam for reduced road noise which enough overseas members said it's useless (undetectable difference in noise level)

is there any local experience with the foam tyres?

if not, will you recommend Michelin primacy 4 vs pilot sports 4 vs (my own) Goodyear Eagle RS A2? any difference in terms of durability (mileage), efficiency (energy use) and grip? (i was looking for quieter tyres too but it sounds remote from now)

mine is a pre facelift model S with 19 inch rim

about time to replace my tyres so I am coming back to ask for advice

googled and searched this forum, saw there are new tyres with foam for reduced road noise which enough overseas members said it's useless (undetectable difference in noise level)

is there any local experience with the foam tyres?

if not, will you recommend Michelin primacy 4 vs pilot sports 4 vs (my own) Goodyear Eagle RS A2? any difference in terms of durability (mileage), efficiency (energy use) and grip? (i was looking for quieter tyres too but it sounds remote from now)

mine is a pre facelift model S with 19 inch rim
I have a 2014 Model S 85 and I switched to Michelin Primacy 4 and am very happy with them.
Just after the change it appeared that the tyres were quieter that the Goodyear’s but old tyres are often louder than new tyres.

Reactions: whitebear
sorry i almost forgot about this thread, was very busy these few months with what's happening in HK

I went to 深水埗棠記膠輪 to try Michelin, the owner suggested a made in China tyre FARROAD instead, half the price of Goodyear

I have little time to drive my car nowadays anyway so I gave it a try. I think I have driven less than 500 km over these few months, so i have nothing to share yet