Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugh, Another M3P Spacers Thread

Will these work without issue?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KyleM3

Jul 21, 2020
PA
Alright, so I’ve combed through the 10 page thread on the Performance model and spacers - what’s doable and what isn’t without shaving down the stud. I don’t want to do that, I can live without being flush vs. sacrificing stud integrity (even if minimal). I’m a spacer noob, always went the aftermarket wheel with correct offset route but I love the Performance rims and don’t want to part with them just to achieve a flush setup.

However, my question is has anyone tried these from H&R (notes photos below)? I just got off the phone with them and referenced it’s a new M3P, mentioned the stepped hub, the issues people have run into on the front, etc. He stated these should be direct bolt-on with zero issue. He said the DRM ones (rear) use existing hardware and the DRS-MZ (front) come with the additional hardware needed to work.

For me, the 14/17MM would be perfect. But, I really don’t feel like dropping $310 to just have to send them back. Also, if it means anything, I’ll be on H&R Springs for a little added tuck.

0-F59-CCBC-22-F8-48-A9-BC72-588-BA8-F908-FB
65-B0368-F-2-C32-46-EA-A97-B-95-BF85-A87-A09

I tried a 15 and wouldnt work. So I know a 14 wouldnt, factory studs are too long.
Unfort I have to get 20s in front. The rims I got wont go any less. I saw a post even where the 17s wont work so im kinda stuck.

I tried a 15 and wouldnt work. So I know a 14 wouldnt, factory studs are too long.
Unfort I have to get 20s in front. The rims I got wont go any less. I saw a post even where the 17s wont work so im kinda stuck.

What size rim are you using? Like I said, my stock 20 fits 14 without any issue. I wouldn’t have used a spacer had I had to shave studs.

Don’t be afraid to shave the studs. You are shaving 1-2mm and even then it doesn’t affect thread engagement if you had to go back to stock as factory figment does not engage the end threads in the studs.
Just remember to screw the lug nut in the stud before you shave the stud, so you can unscrew the net and reform the threads, screwing the nut backwards and forwards as you remove it.

Reactions: ADAMBOMB
Spacers are a bad idea for a multitide of reasons (regardless of how many people on and off here believe they have run them 'without any issue' for 3+ years or used them on their current or previous garage queens or track toys for 20+ more).

Get a set of wheels with a spacer matching effective offset you are after.

So long as you don't need a fender roll/pull and the offset does not cause the tires to rub the fender liner - that is by far the best solution that avoids the use of hub bore or stud centric spacers.

Reactions: MarsOrBust