Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UHFS is incredible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe unpopular opinion here, but the quality of sound of the UHFS is fantastic. The music is not extra bassy and sounds delivery is excellently calibrated. I have had a B&O Audi A7 and recently heard a Burmester MB GLC. They do not come close to this. I haven't heard aftermarket mods like Light Harmonic etc. but have always wondered what needs to be improved here exactly.

• Funny
Reactions: cucubits
Love my UHFS in my model S! Tesla doesn't do what other auto makers do which is to use a sound brand like "Bose" and have them design the sound system which may or may not have many of those higher priced components in it. And I believe the MS is referred to as a "performance sedan" as opposed to "luxury". I am happy with performance and technology over something like an Mercedes. Plus it doesn't burn gas!

Maybe unpopular opinion here, but the quality of sound of the UHFS is fantastic. The music is not extra bassy and sounds delivery is excellently calibrated. I have had a B&O Audi A7 and recently heard a Burmester MB GLC. They do not come close to this. I haven't heard aftermarket mods like Light Harmonic etc. but have always wondered what needs to be improved here exactly.

But which year of car? I don't know this for a fact, but I have read/heard that they changed the head unit/amplifier topography somehow at some point and it is supposedly much better. Don't know at what date this happened, or what exact changes they made. All I know is I saw/heard a newer (2018?) Model X do the easteregg flappy wing demo and that system sounded a hell of a lot better and more powerful than the UHFS stock system that was in my 2014 Model S.

So if one guy with a UHFS from 2014 is comparing the UHFS from 2019 I don't think they are comparing apples to apples.

I also can’t believe people are saying any sound system, who’s primary source is lossy streaming services, sounds “good”.

If you are using the USB input, fine. But I don’t think that’s how 90% of people source their music in a Tesla.

It’s all a matter of your musical tastes and expectations for a good audio system. I think the stock UHFS generally sounds decent, but is a bit muddy, lacks separation and defined front stage, and bass is somewhat weak. If you aren’t an audiophile and just like to enjoy some tunes while you drive, it’s fine.