Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI Rant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's literally anything though.
Not only the fact that it could be better. The fact that it WAS better, substantially, just month ago. And it was better than that a year ago. Regression and downgrades on things you already own are really demoralizing, especially when they appear to be completely intentional (unless you take an insanely optimistic interpretation of Elon's tweets).

Usually, when this is the best you can say about something, it's pretty bad.
I'm not sure where you're getting that it's, "the best I can say".

I simply said it's not that bad. People don't like change and it shows... Look at all the whiney posts about the update. Sure, there are things I don't understand after the update but now I'm used to it and I don't think twice about it. With that being said, I've only owned a Tesla for a little over 1 month, so the old ways aren't burned in to my brain like others.

The fact that you're trying to argue my opinion is amazing.

• Funny
Reactions: ContrarianDC
Perhaps someone takes a screenshot (me) and rearranges it, then people can keep adding to it or changing and then we can post it on Twitter to Elon.
Just take the home screen back to the V10 layout and icons. Increase the font size by 25%. When signaling turns, position the blind spot camera at top-left of screen. When near garage doors, position HomeLink buttons at bottom-left of screen.

V10's home screen was convenient, well organized, intuitive, and cosmetically elegant-- with color used sparingly only to highlight important practical content.

V11 replaced V10's useful bottom bar UI with customizable entertainment buttons that drivers don't need-- populated with poorly designed color icons that do not match the rest of the UI. V11 removed frequently used items from top menubar such as driver profiles.

I only object to V11's home screen. All the other V11 submenu screens seem like improvements to me with their larger buttons and less vertical scrolling required.

Reactions: Hello7 and smogne41
I'm not sure where you're getting that it's, "the best I can say".

I simply said it's not that bad. People don't like change and it shows... Look at all the whiney posts about the update. Sure, there are things I don't understand after the update but now I'm used to it and I don't think twice about it. With that being said, I've only owned a Tesla for a little over 1 month, so the old ways aren't burned in to my brain like others.

The fact that you're trying to argue my opinion is amazing.
I've given up responding to the narrow clique of people who absolutely, positively hate the V11 UI. There have been numerous constructive suggestions posted by other people on the TMC forums for improving the UI.Tesla might even implement a few of the better suggestions.

But a few posters here continue to whine and pile up non-constructive critiques of the UI. It's their right unless the load on the TMC forum server gets overwhelmed.

Reactions: Jo060 and Sporty
I was curious, does anyone's mode 3 screen resemble this, or do you need full self-driving? The controls are still horrendous, this screen shows the only things you can change with one tap is, temperature, power usage, camera, films, toybox and media volume - how is that useful!!!?

View attachment 756563
Is this FSD preview or am i missing something when i configured my new tesla...

I dont like the previous version UI i thought there were many options on the main screen that i didnt need. For instance seat warmers on both sides and i think there were a few more things but i like the new UI. there could be improvements and maybe they will allow people to create different layouts for each icon and stuff but i dont know. All i know is that i have trouble pressing things sometimes when im driving and i have to hold the screen just for me to be able to tap stuff lol.