Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got the text that the driver is on his way, should be arriving at my house in an hour! Although looking at the tracking link he hasn't left Southampton yet!
1621263889399.png

Collected my M3 LR today at bristol cribbs. So many Tesla’s in the car park just waiting for collection. Have to go in to the Mall for collection despite text saying you can check in outside. Mine was charged to 70%. Absolutely love it. Only issue was back number plate on wonky.
Where exactly in Cribb's do you have to go for collection? I've only ever been there once before and the place is mahoosive, don't fancy walking round for six years to find the right place...

Couldn't fault it. Got a text with a tracking link when the van left Southampton, I knew their timings were about 25 minutes out but I could literally see it getting closer on the tracking map and when I saw it enter my road I went outside :)
The guy was very careful offloading it, everything good
Great to hear! Mine is tomorrow…feels like Christmas Eve 😁

Reactions: Sootica and Tinca
Couldn't fault it. Got a text with a tracking link when the van left Southampton, I knew their timings were about 25 minutes out but I could literally see it getting closer on the tracking map and when I saw it enter my road I went outside :)
The guy was very careful offloading it, everything good
Also for the delivery declaration, did you sign that once it’s arrived or does it not matter when?

Where exactly in Cribb's do you have to go for collection? I've only ever been there once before and the place is mahoosive, don't fancy walking round for six years to find the right place...
Upstairs in the middle. Big Tesla store! Either come in from the John Lewis end or M&S end. Up the escalators. And walk towards the middle.

Cars are around the back of Cribbs near the Boots entrance if you want to check your car before going into the store 👍

Reactions: Ceih
Collected our M3 LR from Leeds yesterday morning.

No obvious faults on fit an finish, although the seats had clearly been wiped with some sort of cleaner but not polished off very well. Didn’t bother to mention this as the car will be getting full valeting polishing and ceramic coating in 10 days time.

Went on a 120 mile round trip, absolutely brilliant on a mix of motorway, A road, B road and town centre. then back to Tesla Leeds to top up on the supercharger just to try it out. Boy these things fill quickly!

Love the voice activated controls. No problems with auto wipers, although they didn’t come on as early as of have liked a quick push on the end of the stalk sorts it (I have found this to be the case on every car I’ve owned with auto wipers)

Can‘t comment on lights as I’ve not been out in the dark yet.

No trace of pedestrian warning sound, suits me - our previous Zoe had one and we always turned it off...I have a horn if need be.

No rattles or buzzes from the trim, unlike the cacophony from the Zoe which had various bits of paper etc stuffed in to trim gaps to stop rattles (a 2020 ZE50).

Overall, for me, the whole buying - collection - delivery experience has been great.

Collected our M3 LR from Leeds yesterday morning.

No obvious faults on fit an finish, although the seats had clearly been wiped with some sort of cleaner but not polished off very well. Didn’t bother to mention this as the car will be getting full valeting polishing and ceramic coating in 10 days time.

Went on a 120 mile round trip, absolutely brilliant on a mix of motorway, A road, B road and town centre. then back to Tesla Leeds to top up on the supercharger just to try it out. Boy these things fill quickly!

Love the voice activated controls. No problems with auto wipers, although they didn’t come on as early as of have liked a quick push on the end of the stalk sorts it (I have found this to be the case on every car I’ve owned with auto wipers)

Can‘t comment on lights as I’ve not been out in the dark yet.

No trace of pedestrian warning sound, suits me - our previous Zoe had one and we always turned it off...I have a horn if need be.

No rattles or buzzes from the trim, unlike the cacophony from the Zoe which had various bits of paper etc stuffed in to trim gaps to stop rattles (a 2020 ZE50).

Overall, for me, the whole buying - collection - delivery experience has been great.
Enjoy! I'm 5 days and less than 200 miles in and loving it.

The lights are good, not great, but good. Nice white colour that you'd expect with LED. Level seems to change as needed and the auto high beam is as dodgy as every other car with it I've had - why on earth it can't tell the difference between a reflective road sign and an oncoming car is surprising given the rest of the tech on the car.

The odd thing is the shape at the 'top edge' of the beam. It is very boxy; kind of castellated. Very noticeable when I pull onto the drive in front of the garage door. Nothing wrong with it, just was expecting a straight line.

Reactions: Fat Wolfie and yfwt
Enjoy! I'm 5 days and less than 200 miles in and loving it.

The lights are good, not great, but good. Nice white colour that you'd expect with LED. Level seems to change as needed and the auto high beam is as dodgy as every other car with it I've had - why on earth it can't tell the difference between a reflective road sign and an oncoming car is surprising given the rest of the tech on the car.

The odd thing is the shape at the 'top edge' of the beam. It is very boxy; kind of castellated. Very noticeable when I pull onto the drive in front of the garage door. Nothing wrong with it, just was expecting a straight line.
It’s due to the 2021 models allegedly having Matrix LED lights - see comparisons here

• Informative
Reactions: Tinca
Tesla are really trying to take away the fun for me! Car delivered on Monday, discovered the blue charging cable had been removed out of the bag in the boot.
Called Service as the app wasn't live yet; told would have replacement Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. Called again Thursday and logged on the app, told Friday. Got text saying TNT will deliver Saturday. Just got an email saying Monday.

Was going for a long trip out on Sunday, can't do that now as the 3-pin charger will take too long to give me enough miles :(

Many third party chargers have their own tethered cables - look for DC/CCS charging such as Superchargers and also Tesla Destination charges as they are based on TWC with tethered cable.

If you can't charge at home, there is the Winnersh supercharger as long as its not flooded :eek:

Reactions: Sootica