Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to hear it was all OK from Brent Cross as collecting next week. Any tips on finding the place - will be getting an Uber from the station.
Cheers - it’s in the overflow car park which is over the other side of the road from the shopping centre and there are big white Tesla banners - I ended up just asking the driver to put ‘stadium road east’ into his sat nav rather than Brent Cross shopping centre and we found it , weirdly there is a Tesla portacabin with Tesla banners etc in the main Carpark directly outside the shopping centre but it’s abandoned

Well my LR isn't being delivered until Wednesday but it is happily sitting at Bristol Cribbs awaiting that day!

Saw the Certificate of Conformity through the window... and it says manufacture date of 31/3 with factory listed as Fremont... but it's definitely a refresh model.... 🤷‍♂️

Screen Shot 05-23-21 at 06.27 PM.PNG

Well my LR isn't being delivered until Wednesday but it is happily sitting at Bristol Cribbs awaiting that day!

Saw the Certificate of Conformity through the window... and it says manufacture date of 31/3 with factory listed as Fremont... but it's definitely a refresh model.... 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 665316
Strange, I thought they were all made in China now, do you know if it has the wood trim coming onto the doors or just the centre console?

The refresh Model came in Q4 2020 and were made in Fremont.

Shame you obfuscated the whole VIN as the manufacturing date tallies with a MiC car and that would have clarified matters. Is it possible that the reference to Fremont is just the company location rather than final assembly location?

tbh, based on reports, I would rather have a MiC vehicle and I would be tempted to query the age etc of the vehicle and whether you get a previously rejected and subsequently fixed car.

Strange, I thought they were all made in China now, do you know if it has the wood trim coming onto the doors or just the centre console?
Yes wood down doors.
LRW vin which has been suggested is China.
Wonder if the CoC just had manufactured address as the HQ rather than actual factory.

i did order it before the change in PICG, maybe thats why it shows as 31/3 manufacture.

CoC are usually very general hence why they offer little value as a spec evaluation tool. The build date is most likely not correct and would usually show the build specification date I.e. the date the factory spec was last amended against which your particular car was built

Reactions: btc1k
Finally got my M3LR delivered at 6pm this evening via AnyVan low loader. I hadn’t heard anything by 4pm and had read elsewhere about the text system being down. So I called Tesla and they were about to update me regarding status and driver location. An hour or so later I got a call from the driver with an ETA of 45 mins - shortly followed by an AnyVan text with a tracking link. Note that generally the map is more accurate than the countdown ETA! Driver was clearly 25 mins away but ETA had continued clocking down to 5 mins by then! Car off loaded and all looking perfect. Quick drive around for half an hour (OMG!) and then browsed and set various settings. Set PIN to drive amongst others. Connected to WiFi and changed software updates to Advanced. Subsequently already had my first update installed. Now to hope it starts charging at 00.30 as scheduled in Pod Point! Can’t wait for morning commute!

Collected mine from Brent Cross today, well pleased. I know I have read a few complaints about the ‘brief’ nature of the handover but I found it quite refreshing rather than having half an hour of signing paperwork, being offered loads of different insurances etc.

Car is spot on - panel gaps, paint, all good. Couple of bits of glue here and there but just needs a good clean especially after the rubbish weather on the drive home.

The only frustration being bank holiday traffic getting out of London!

Picked up from Brent Cross today too. Minor niggle with the alignment on the rear light clusters and a minor scratch above the passenger for handle (which I'm having issues reporting via the app but that's a different matter). Hand over was great and the car was showing in the app even before I'd found it in the tent! Only just under 30% charge which was a bit of a pain since I don't have home charging point but gave me an excuse for a quick blast to South Mimms to get the initial calibration done on the M1 :)

Was surprised to find Hankook Ventus boots on it - looking round the lot though is seems all the 19" rims are coming with those at the moment, with Michelins on the 18s. Seems supply of the Hankooks is as big an issues as for the Michelins - 235/40R19 was pretty much the only size Kwikfit didn't list. Even Black Circles didn't show them in the 96W rating but hopefully that is a problem for far in the future!

Quick note to let you know how pickup went…

I got to the Trafford Centre a little early but they didn’t seem to mind.

Hand over took a couple of minutes and they couldn’t do enough to help.

Looking over the car I couldn't find anything noteworthy, in terms of being wrong (so far). It has heated steering wheel and boombox

The app had synced before I’d got back from the loo. The only thing that would have been a nice to have was more than 70 miles worth of electrons but it was enough to get it home. I thought

So, so far so good. +1 in the positive column

Mine got delivered today. Most of the morning I heard nothing from Tesla then got a text from Anyvan saying my delivery was on the way and I could track through the web.

Driver who delivered was courteous. I had to show my id. He offloaded the car, I signed for it and then he left. I also signed the delivery declaration because there was nothing major with the car that I could see immediately without closer inspection.

it has taken at least 4-5hrs for the car to appear in the app. If you are getting through a lease it could be up to 24hrs.

On closer inspection, I can see one panel gap which is on the frunk. It is slightly misaligned. You won’t really notice it unless you look close enough. There are tiny scratches here and there which I will get Tesla to look at. Also the underside of the front is scratched probably due to loading and unloading. Otherwise, quality is excellent and car is more beautiful inside than I thought. UFO sound on reverse is quite something 😂

Happy with delivery over all!

Just looked in my log book and my M3 LR collected in May is listed as E5D. So it has the 75kWh LGChem battery. Shame to miss out on 6% extra battery.
May be silly question, and sorry if it has been asked before, but what is difference between LGChem and Panasonic ? Someone mentioned charging to 100% for one type, and what is a BT38 or 42 mentioned above.
So do all M3s being delivered in UK atm, have the LG Chem battery?