Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is a new one but only for immersive sound etc., The one you need now is 2021.24.5. There is been some confusion in how Tesla updates the software. It used to be Year.week.version as the order. Not sure now as you’ve got the 32 weeks update before getting the 24 week update that has car wash mode and battery conversion etc.,Let us know if you get those features with the 32 week update
Will do, I imagine that it should have all previous features but you never know with Tesla 😃

Yes it is a new one but only for immersive sound etc., The one you need now is 2021.24.5. There is been some confusion in how Tesla updates the software. It used to be Year.week.version as the order. Not sure now as you’ve got the 32 weeks update before getting the 24 week update that has car wash mode and battery conversion etc.,
Will do, I imagine that it should have all previous features but you never know with Tesla 😃
Did you check what does it come with. You can read the release notes for information

Reactions: Seeds369
Yes it is a new one but only for immersive sound etc., The one you need now is 2021.24.5. There is been some confusion in how Tesla updates the software. It used to be Year.week.version as the order. Not sure now as you’ve got the 32 weeks update before getting the 24 week update that has car wash mode and battery conversion etc.,Let us know if you get those features with the 32 week update
I imagine the updates will be cumulative.

My updating right now had a message in the app 2021.32.21
Didn’t you only collect your car in the last week? Surprised you’re getting an update already. Everything I’ve been told, newer cars sit on a factory software build for a few weeks before they start getting updates.

I collected my car at the start of September and I’m still on 2021.3.105.

Reactions: Erol and Seeds369
Tessa is here 😜 came to bluewater early searched and found right by the collection desk asked if I could take her early they said yeah. Couple of blemishes on the paint work which I will report but other then that happy. Just put it on charge but ur came with 55%

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_121731.jpg
    IMG_20210925_121731.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20210925_122739.jpg
    IMG_20210925_122739.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20210925_121744.jpg
    IMG_20210925_121744.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 46
Picked up my Model 3 LR yesterday (Friday) in Glasgow. Had reserved on 13th July, so delivery took 10 weeks and three days. Good contact from TESLA once a vehicle had been matched to my order, though requests for trade in documentation were repetitive - perhaps because I was taking a private plate off the trade in vehicle. Traffic in Glasgow was bad on the way to the delivery site and I was late, but there was no fuss, quick turn round and after familiarising myself went off to the Supercharger at Euro Central (first time supercharging) before the two hour drive back home. Connection to Spotify and premium content not working at first, but came on when charging . Couldn't find the phone app (!) on the touch screen until today but that was me not looking properly. App had the vehicle showing three times but a post on this gave me the clue to sorting it, which now done (name the car and log off and then on) . Charged on my wife's home charger(she has had a Nissan Leaf for three years) and worked flawlessly. No obvious build problems but will have another more detailed look once the rain goes off..... Last night a warning message on screen said one of side pillar cameras was obscured but seems to have cleared - was first time in the dark and was very wet.

So far , so good....

Reactions: moodel_tree
For anyone collecting from Brent Cross here's my experience of the day.

I took the tube to Brent Cross station. While it is apparently possible to walk from there but it looks like an awkward and not very pleasant route with the shopping centre being the other side of a large junction on the north circular. (Who the hell builds a shopping centre without decent walking access from the tube?). Instead I took the 210 bus from outside the station which is a couple of stops to the shopping centre.

From where you get off the bus walk due west, over the zebra crossing, along the side of John Lewis and across a car park. When you get to a road cross it and turn left. Then when you get to a roundabout turn right and take the little uphill road next to the river. At this point you should see Tesla signs, and queue markers. follow the road round and you come to a big carpark with hundreds of Tesla and a big marquee at the end on your left.

As I had a 9am collection I was the only customer there. (Apparently by 12 it's absolute chaos.) I was greeted by a nice Scottish lady who checked my driving licence then activated my account somehow. I had to sign out of the app and back in and the app started fully working. Then she got the keys and we walked to the car. Once at the car we set up my phone as a key. I admitted that I'd driven a model 3 before so didn't need a demo. I was invited to check over the car and drive off when ready. Must have been less than 10 minutes tops.

In the boot were the extended mudguards, a granny charger in a square zip case, a type 2 cable and a red zip case with a warning triangle, yellow vest and copious first aid kit.
Hanging from the mirror was a Tesla lanyard (thanks but I'll never use it)
USB stick in the glove box.
All the seats and steering wheel had heaters and everything appeared to work.
6 miles on the clock (I'm guessing working backwards as I genuinely forgot to check at the time).

The car was under a tent so the light wasn't particularly good. The car was very dusty so it was hard to tell what was dust and what wasn't but I did find some shallow wavy scratches on the offside doors - like someone had carelessly wiped along the side with a gritty rag. After 5 minutes further looking everything else I could think of was fine so I walked back to the tent to complain. After a quick look I was asked to move the car into the light and they got a guy with a machine to polish it out. Took less than a minute and it did look fine. I was going to argue that after polishing it would need re-waxing but I started to get the feeling that they wouldn't understand and anyway I'll give it a good detail myself in a few days. Wish I'd stopped and had another really good look in the light but I felt like I'd already checked everything and I was anxious to get going.

I drove off and found a clear spot the other side of the car park to take some photos, stick on the screen protector (no dust trapped under it - yay) and distribute all the other accessories I'd brought along.

On the way out I spotted a team of people cleaning cars, actually rubbing them with plasticly looking yellow chamois cloths. Not a microfibre in sight. This really made me start to worry. I wish I'd parked up and taken some photos as evidence - Elon this is really not the way you wash a new £60k car.

On the way home the blue autopilot circle slowly filled in and completed after about 30 minutes. 30s later passing a truck I had my first phantom breaking. Fortunately having read about it I knew what it was and it was much less violent than I'd feared. Tapping the accelerator pushed through it with a bit of jerkiness. Also later had a lane departure warning when I was going round some parked cars with plenty of room all round. Going to have to work out exactly which settings make that go away - it's far too loud.

Later the same day I added the AB, and OMG it's good. It turns a very quick car into something that's truly shocking. First time I put my foot down on the open road it genuinley made my sinuses hurt! Obviously you're rarely going to be doing a 0-60 from a standing start, but the difference in the 40-70mph range is really noticeable. Reminds me of when I used to ride a 600 motorcycle - you don't have to build up to overtaking at speed you just effortlessly go around the car in front. Only thing is I find most of the time even when I want to go quick I have to hold off from putting the pedal right to the floor in case it goes too quick.

However it's not all smiles unfortunately
Once home I had another look at the paintwork and I have to say I'm really not happy. In cloudy light it looks ok but a bit dull - as if it could do with re-waxing, but with the sun on it it's a mess of swirls and micro scratches everywhere. It looks like a 2 year old car that's not been particularly cared for. Considering what I paid I'm actually furious. And to think that the damage had probably been done the day before by that same team of people. I'd have been much happier to have a dirty car than a scratched one. Seriously Tesla, charge an extra fiver per car and train your guys to wash cars properly. Anyway I've complained but it doesn't seem to have got anywhere yet - and I'm not sure if I want Tesla to fix it or if I want to get someone a bit more trustworthy to fix the paintwork. I might just eat the cost myself and get it ceramic coated at the same time. I hate it but I just want a good looking car and to know it's done properly.

Please anyone who goes to Brent Cross see if you can see what the car washing team are actually doing up close and get some photos. Something we can send to Tesla and explain what they're doing wrong.
Hi Mike, thanks for the detailed feedback. Can I ask, where exactly were the team of people cleaning the car at the collection centre? I drive past Brent Cross regularly so I can try and get a pic if I know where to look

Collected mine from Glasgow at 2 this afternoon.
I was served straight away - showed my license and I was out to my car in a few minutes. Lots of other collections going on/smiley faces.
Absolutely no issues with the car and it was pretty clean.
Only 47% charge but that was more than enough to get me home.
Only had one opportunity to 'give it the beans' on the way but OMG .... first time I've driven a LR (previously test drove SR+ and a P in chill mode)