Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super helpful guys thanks for the input from you all. Will keep on top of it, and see just what the offer is. My dilemma is holding holding holding, miss my opportunity to get a car in May, and miss a delicious salary sacrifice opportunity, or, possibly throw away a May delivery for a chance for the sacrifice scheme to be pap and go back to end of queue!

GAH. we'll see.

buy the car, ride out a year or two on what you would expect to be solid depreciation numbers, while your company farts about with their scheme and you can see how it sits in the real world.

I sold my SR+ for barely any loss after a year to swap into a LR. You could potentially do the same if the SS is really attractive and lead times remain long for the car

buy the car, ride out a year or two on what you would expect to be solid depreciation numbers, while your company farts about with their scheme and you can see how it sits in the real world.

I sold my SR+ for barely any loss after a year to swap into a LR. You could potentially do the same if the SS is really attractive and lead times remain long for the car
True, and thanks for the advice. Just wonder how much of a ballache escaping from a PCP with tesla after the magical 50% waypoint / milestone has been reached. I hear they just give you a final settlement, and assumably you 'sell' the car, pay off the final settlement, and the rest (whatever is left) is down payment for a new car / cash in pocket if further leasing.

Might stick to the PCP if company is farting about with their SS schemes. Could be dead by January, and would have lost out 2022 driving around in a Tesla 😁

RWD white/black/aeros ordered 26th October

All paid up, and due for collection from Portbury on the 9th

Finally got Reg number today after emailing my SA

Don't know why I didn't get the Reg text earlier

I've had to push for info all the way through!

Sorted insurance with LV, £1.74 more than Ioniq for the 5 remaining months! 😂🤣

Reactions: Snowy77
Update from me guys... just spoke to Katie at Tesla and advised that i spoke to Thomas couple days ago to get the car delivered on the 15th if march (for the wifes birthday), she checked the system and advised me the request has been made but a delivery date is not confirmed. She asked me thay she will contact the delivery team straightaway and give me a call back with an update. She rang me back in exactly 5 minutes and told me that the M3 will now be delivered to your home address on the 15th of March. I am so thankful to Katie for going that extra mile and contacting the delivery team to ensure i get the car on the 15th. :) - got the delivery text from Tesla as well within 5 minutes.

Now countdown time 14 days left till D Day! :D

Update from me guys... just spoke to Katie at Tesla and advised that i spoke to Thomas couple days ago to get the car delivered on the 15th if march (for the wifes birthday), she checked the system and advised me the request has been made but a delivery date is not confirmed. She asked me thay she will contact the delivery team straightaway and give me a call back with an update. She rang me back in exactly 5 minutes and told me that the M3 will now be delivered to your home address on the 15th of March. I am so thankful to Katie for going that extra mile and contacting the delivery team to ensure i get the car on the 15th. :) - got the delivery text from Tesla as well within 5 minutes.

Now countdown time 14 days left till D Day! :D
That’s lovely I’m sure she will be v happy 😊

True, and thanks for the advice. Just wonder how much of a ballache escaping from a PCP with tesla after the magical 50% waypoint / milestone has been reached. I hear they just give you a final settlement, and assumably you 'sell' the car, pay off the final settlement, and the rest (whatever is left) is down payment for a new car / cash in pocket if further leasing.

Might stick to the PCP if company is farting about with their SS schemes. Could be dead by January, and would have lost out 2022 driving around in a Tesla 😁

Normally I wait until at least VT point and walk away, but last time I just settled with my BMW before buying the Tesla. Likewise with my SR+ which was a loan with tesla, just got a settlement figure

• Love
Is the fob worth it?
From what I've read, the app works well 99.9% of the time for most people. The difficulty is when your phone dies, or there is a tesla service outage. In those situations you're going to need to use either the keycard or a keyfob.
So it comes down to "Will you reliably carry a backup keycard with you", otherwise you should just buy a keyfob rather than get caught out

Thats what i want to know as well haha. I saw a few videos and it would come handy. Also coming from BMW lineage, i al really used to a key in my pocket. I think inwould prefer it over a card.Also i think you can function the trunk/frunk and charging port cover with it
Same, i have a bmw as a company car and a personal mercedes and use to putting the key in my left pocket for years. - but i am just thinking if the phone key does exactly what the fob key does is it really worth it to get the key fob...

From what I've read, the app works well 99.9% of the time for most people. The difficulty is when your phone dies, or there is a tesla service outage. In those situations you're going to need to use either the keycard or a keyfob.
So it comes down to "Will you reliably carry a backup keycard with you", otherwise you should just buy a keyfob rather than get caught out
See ill permanently put the key card in my wallet as i always carry that with me... im going to use the phone key for couple weeks see how the feel is.. if i want to go back to old key ways then i moght get that... can you open everything of the car with the fob key?

Is the fob worth it?
Key fob is well worth the money no brainer depends if you like a good old fashion key you can open the charge port which is dead handy

Reactions: Cooksmaster1
Think I'll put the card in my phone case, behind my phone.

The only time I'll have an issue then is if I lose my phone, which I haven't done in the 29 years since I got my first mobile/housebrick! 😂📱🤣

Reactions: Staypuffman
Anybody else like me, seem to have an array of bits for my MY LR and still don’t even know when I’ll be collecting it. After placing my order with Fleetprices lease company back in early December. I had to get it all out today, as I’ve forgot what I have ordered over the months of waiting. It appears I have the following:
- Boot liner
- Frunk Liner
- Boot well liner
- larger SSD drive for longer storage capabilties
- Jack rubber battery protectors
- centre console organiser
- Tesla wheel centre covers and black plastic nut covers when I was thinking I would get the 19” alloys powder coated, not sure I’ll do this now.

Just need a bloody car to put it all in 🤣

Attachments

• 39F86BDE-AA46-42A3-B67B-3C99090798B9.jpeg
    39F86BDE-AA46-42A3-B67B-3C99090798B9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
I did think this. There's a couple of considerations I did have. I assume a model 3 will probably change a bit, maybe significantly in the next 3 years.. depending on those changes (crystal ball) I wonder if leasing now via salary sacrifice would take away the stress of full ownership if say Tesla do one and introduce 4680s or structural battery pack / suddenly reduce the M3 price by 30% (not likely but you never know) etc.... Leasing would let you walk away, whereas if you purchase, you'd have to absorb the difference.

It's all hypothetical, and didn't even occur to me before today and this silly scheme was introduced... Now I can't stop thinking about it lol.

It's the total cost of ownership I'm toying about the numbers with. Not having to fork out the 15k will help.... but then will never own the car... argh

Personally, if I were you I would seriously consider taking public transport and save yourself and many others a whole lot of grief and different daily scenarios

Hi All. Could anyone assist with how long people have waited for delivery texts?

Ordered M3LR (black/standard) via Lex Leasing at beginning of February; estimated delivery date end March. RN text sent 3/2; “on the way” text 23/2. Am I right that text to select delivery date should be coming some time this week?
I got my ‘on the way Text’ on the 8th of Feb
Then a text on the 16th of Feb giving my delivery date of 10th March.

Not sure the timescales are all the same but that’s how mine worked out..

Reactions: beefqueen