Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have had radio silence since choosing delivery slot for Bristol 16th March despite emailing last week to say I no longer want to trade in. Emailed Delivery team again today and got a quick response, registration and VIN confirmed by text (same as VIN in source for last 2 weeks) and an email from Emma confirming that trade in is withdrawn. No actual invoice, but Tesla bank details appeared in the app.

I've made a £10 test payment, where can I check to see that it's been received? In the app, or website?

If you log on to your Tesla account then 'Manage' you will see the 'Amount Due' decrease (although not instantly). If you click the + sign next to 'Show Details' your payments will also be listed there.

Reactions: CaptainCalm
Have had radio silence since choosing delivery slot for Bristol 16th March despite emailing last week to say I no longer want to trade in. Emailed Delivery team again today and got a quick response, registration and VIN confirmed by text (same as VIN in source for last 2 weeks) and an email from Emma confirming that trade in is withdrawn. No actual invoice, but Tesla bank details appeared in the app.

I've made a £10 test payment, where can I check to see that it's been received? In the app, or website?
I had the same for a 16th March collection from Bristol. Had the payment details in account on Monday but no Vin or Reg. Asked for it on chat and was given it. All paid up now so good for collection, no invoice aswell.

Isnt that risky, no invoice to show your payments? What do you show on the 16th?

Nothing - the bit about proof of payment feels like a hangover from the US pages or if you’re paying the day before. If you’re paid up a week before collection it’ll show in the account and no problem. They even normally update the account page a little later to confirm you don’t need any further action

Worst case you could log into your Tesla account at collection and show them the page confirming the payment and zero balance - but I’ve not needed to on two collections

Reactions: Snowy77
Hi Guys - for my Model Y order, Tesla issued a final invoice yesterday and that has the License Plate Registration Number already on it - it was a GJ22 XXX number.
I also noted the VIN number thanks to the chrome plugin for Tesla VIN.

I have not yet paid Tesla as my collection is more than 2 weeks away.

So is this normal to be issued a Reg. number already at this stage ?, I'm tempted to go ahead and get my Insurance sorted already as I will be getting cheaper premium the earlier I get my Insurance but concerned my Reg. might change before I collect voiding my Insurance.

Hi Guys - for my Model Y order, Tesla issued a final invoice yesterday and that has the License Plate Registration Number already on it - it was a GJ22 XXX number.
I also noted the VIN number thanks to the chrome plugin for Tesla VIN.

I have not yet paid Tesla as my collection is more than 2 weeks away.

So is this normal to be issued a Reg. number already at this stage ?, I'm tempted to go ahead and get my Insurance sorted already as I will be getting cheaper premium the earlier I get my Insurance but concerned my Reg. might change before I collect voiding my Insurance.
no dont think the reg will change, go ahead and get your insurance cheap

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
If you log on to your Tesla account then 'Manage' you will see the 'Amount Due' decrease (although not instantly). If you click the + sign next to 'Show Details' your payments will also be listed there.
I just paid £1 off my Tesla as a test before paying any more significant... how long did it take for any payment to show? To be fair, I only paid it in 15 minutes ago, but was hoping it would show up quickly.

I have my Reg number since Saturday and the insurance sites still don’t recognise it, which is a bit of a pain. Sure you can get a quote, but it won’t be legal until the VRN is allowed to be searched.

I managed to get mine insured using make/model and added plate manually. Needed to ring up before collection day to confirm they had it matched

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
Question to my fellow Tesla brethren - do you need two separate Tesla accounts on your phone for both ‘keys’ ?
Not sure I fully get the questions but I hope the following helps (note I am waiting for my first Tesla, and this is what I have picked up in his forum, so may be wrong)

1. You will get two key cards with the car, and these work independently of the phone.
2. You can have any number of phones activated as a key, however all phones can use the same Tesla account. The phone is the key, not the account on the phone.

Not sure I fully get the questions but I hope the following helps (note I am waiting for my first Tesla, and this is what I have picked up in his forum, so may be wrong)

1. You will get two key cards with the car, and these work independently of the phone.
2. You can have any number of phones activated as a key, however all phones can use the same Tesla account. The phone is the key, not the account on the phone.
That does! Thank you.