Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where you guys find Tesla Chat?

On the designer page.

It's the elusive 'Tesla Chat' bubble that has a mind of its own, and comes and goes as it pleases, a bit like the cat come to think of it. I haven't discovered a way to make it arrive. I do bait it though. if I pretend I'm not looking it does appear to try to suggest it has a sense of humor.

(I know I'm not helping, but it really does appear when it wants to). Assumably, when the reps aren't busy and come on line it appears... only a random guess though!

1645011387916.png

Reactions: hairysteve
On the designer page.

It's the elusive 'Tesla Chat' bubble that has a mind of its own, and comes and goes as it pleases, a bit like the cat come to think of it. I haven't discovered a way to make it arrive. I do bait it though. if I pretend I'm not looking it does appear to try to suggest it has a sense of humor.

(I know I'm not helping, but it really does appear when it wants to). Assumably, when the reps aren't busy and come on line it appears... only a random guess though!
Thanks, I've been looking around the support page for the option but it has literally just pop up on the Inventory page. I think it took about 20 mins for it to show.

Ordered a M3LR white,black,18 and on 15 Dec and not heard a thing from Tesla. I'm getting worried now. Eta is still March on my order page.

Reactions: Snowy77
Was looking for the chat function but couldn’t find it. Rang the number a couple of times on the website but got cut off so was starting to lose patience. Have a VIN number from the leasing company and on their portal it shows a delivery date of 5/3. But appreciate its down to Tesla. I’ve only had the it’s on its way text nothing else! Eventually got through to them after a 20 minute wait and the lady was able to confirm the delivery date, location and time….. happy days!!
Just need to keep searching Amazon for more accessories, got some rim guards, a screen protector and a tray for the centre console. Was thinking of a USB hub and maybe some completely unnecessary mood lights

I had a look into it yesterday out of curiosity. When you load an certain pages on the website (order page for example) it makes a request to a Flex webchat API to check for availability of an agent. I suspect it rarely appears because there are so few agents in the UK (3 that I am aware of). There will be a limit on how many people each agent can talk to and if they are at capacity there will not be availability. Cookies/incognito/vpn etc don't seem to make any difference, it's purely based on agent availability.

Just a thought. Tesla do say that Delivery Location is a factor in the allocation process. Do you think that they might try to spread the available cars around the UK a bit? Get them seen in more places (a form of advertising I suppose), spread the load around more superchargers?

Just a thought. Tesla do say that Delivery Location is a factor in the allocation process. Do you think that they might try to spread the available cars around the UK a bit? Get them seen in more places (a form of advertising I suppose), spread the load around more superchargers?

you're attempting to provide logic where chaos reigns. I dug around and found this tesla alloction training video though

I ordered a M3 SR back in November which had a delivery estimate of February. This was via my company car scheme so I don't see anything in the App. So far I have have gotten is RN number.

I'm starting to get a little concerned now as at this point shouldn't I have been matched with a car and received my VIN number? Does the car need to be in the UK before that can happen?
Also does anyone know when the ship with the M3 SR are due to come in this month?

Just as I was starting to believe you lot were making up this whole chat thing, the bubble appeared and I spoke to Paige. She couldn’t be any more specific though than “sometime in March” (which I’m starting to doubt). Poverty spec LR (white with black interior and aeros) ordered 28th December with Manchester Trafford centre delivery indicated. Really could do with it in this tax year. If not then I’ll be seriously looking at alternatives, especially the i4!

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Hi, can i asked what and when you ordered, im waiting on my text, ordered beginning of Jan.
I ordered through a salary sacrifice thingy-me-jig... M3LR MSM with aero wheels on 31st Jan. Have a VIN and was told by the very famous Davide that the car is on it's way and should be here early March. Have had no specific date text yet, but fingers crossed will have one soon.

Hopefully you will hear something very soon!

Last edited:
Same @liamfoneill Lex autolease put it through and I got an RN number in November, their portal had me down as 20th feb delivery but checked this morning and its showing 10/3 as 'proposed stock date' but with an EDD of 10/3 too. I'm guessing it might be late march before I see it....should be a 22 plate.
do you have a link to the portal where you see your EDD? The portal link i have just shows documents - its very poor