Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a collection at 10am from Portbury next week what time did you get there? Wondering how much before 10am I can arrive. Being dropped off at the Services on the M5 at 7am as my wife is working in Bristol that day.
It was all pretty casual TBH. No mad scramble like Southampton the other day.
I think you could turn up early and not have a major issue unless they haven't "cleaned" your car.
There were a few Tesla guys wandering around in the car park, (delivery area).
We collected today and spent a good 45 mins looking over the car.
Couple of aeros scratched, which were replaced.
Very friendly and low key all round!

Reactions: DIY-Trev
989895FC-63E4-461F-ABD2-C0C82EFCB66B.jpeg

Picked my Model 3 up from Bluewater this morning.

Got the train and bus in and the shopping centre was open before 10 so I could walk through.

It’s based in the lower level yellow car park. Easy enough to find.

Got asked for drivers license but no insurance documents.

Checked car over fairly intensely but no anally! Not as quickly as the couple next to me, who after a brief walk around shot off!!

Made use of the supercharger there, parked a little way off and just managed to plug the charger in! Power raises fast!

What can I say, I absolutely love it. Car made me smile a number of times on the journey back.

And braved the autopilot on the A127 back to Southend.

Amazing car.

Attachments

• 19DB2CD4-EB83-47BF-AB85-1C5E0719D5C1.jpeg
    19DB2CD4-EB83-47BF-AB85-1C5E0719D5C1.jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 0F954697-A11B-4868-8330-ACE97ECB29DC.jpeg
    0F954697-A11B-4868-8330-ACE97ECB29DC.jpeg
    697 KB · Views: 38
  • A8BD0D3B-31EF-4847-8E2C-56637BF8B9D2.jpeg
    A8BD0D3B-31EF-4847-8E2C-56637BF8B9D2.jpeg
    580.2 KB · Views: 47
View attachment 778822

Got the train and bus in and the shopping centre was open before 10 so I could walk through.

Checked car over fairly intensely but no anally! Not as quickly as the couple next to me, who after a brief walk around shot off!!

Made use of the supercharger there, parked a little way off and just managed to plug the charger in! Power raises fast!

What can I say, I absolutely love it. Car made me smile a number of times on the journey back.

Amazing car.
Looks really good in the blue! I'm not sure I'll share your bravery for autopilot on the way home!

Reactions: Staypuffman
I churned this over, and conclude myself that ALL Q1 matches are done for. Q2 cars will be made starting April, and assume it's why UK deliveries start May.. I guess it's accounting for the month transit, then after that it's track shipments on Mr Miserable's Shipment thread.. There is a possibility that as collections ramp up these last few weeks in March that inventory cars will sporadically appear as some cancel / reject / unable to pick up... It's these inventory cars that could match your order so it's worth keeping an eye on, and if so, a Tesla rep can marry a car to your RN earlier than your natural ETA.

One thing with Tesla is.. anything is possible.

EDIT: just to add that My car originally said March 21st to March 31st but then they bombshelled.

View attachment 778690

All things considered it's about a month extra to wait if worst case 31st March was my old ETA. I can live with it. Leaves me an extra pay day to save 😁 I'm guessing that my car fell through the last crack of Q1. Still pestering Tesla to see if any matches are happening, but, I'm busy at work so can't hit ctrl+F5 as obsessively as I'd personally like to ahaha
Hey! Thank you sooo much for your reply!! A pool of knowledge 😍. Yes suspected I might be outside the March batch. Oh no haha the continual checking of the inventory will be a new unhealthy obsession 😂 Thanks so much for the tips!!

Reactions: Snowy77
Hi, I posted further back a few pages with my story. Same spec but LR… order date and delays identical. On Monday I went to my local Tesla dealer and he searched new inventory (only 3 model 3’s)before being published widely and found my exact spec.

He allocated it to my RN and then I called up to book delivery.

In summary, on Monday this week my dates had moved out to June /July. A day later I had a car allocated, delivery booked and I collect this Saturday from Bluewater. Reg provided and car now insured. I’m good to go.

My recommendation is hassle the local dealer in person. On the phone they were not much help. Really payed to be persistent.
Oh wow!! That’s amazing!! Congrats!! Sooo exciting, crazy how quick everything changed for you haha. I actually live walking distance from my local Tesla showroom so I’ll pop by in the next couple days and see what’s available. Fingers crossed! Thanks so much, I’ll post on here how I get on.

View attachment 778822

Amazing car.
So beautiful! 😍

View attachment 778822

Amazing car.
Brilliant pics sir! Thanks so much for sharing!

Good to see Bluewater, very familiar territory. Still not many white ones lol.

Great to hear the experience with Supercharger... I bet it's unnerving stuff to do for the first ever time. BUT excuse the expression, it's probably better to lose that virginity infront of the Tesla helpers than some nuts outback charger not knowing what you're doing. I'll probably hook up just to get that experience sorted. I only live over Maidstone way so, any charge would be enough to get back.

PS white interior looks so fresh with the blue. Such great choice! I figured white on white was probably pushing things bit too far lol

Cheers again for sharing, it's great, well done and grats.

No laminated glass in the rear. Appears thats just going to be the Y. I wouldn’t worry though, the car is very quiet in the cabin!

Not sure on the fixing for extenders, it looks like they have holes for screws, but also sticky tabs in red?
Fitting instructions here (but I wouldn't bother with the extensions):

Reactions: RH94LFC
View attachment 778822

Amazing car.
PS Damn, they spared no expense with that front reception ! 😅😂🤣😆☺️🥳😆

1646859199662.png

Tomorrow is the day! Cannot believe that it's finally happening after 3 months! The forum and people here were do helpful and knowledgeable about so many things. All the photos, messages of encouragement and tips were invaluable! Some had moved from this particular thread during my time in here, some had gone on to different topics and some are still waiting for the estimated delivery day. It will happen eventually and I was one of those waiting for news the day after I placed an order. Thank you to all of you who interacted and answered my questions! I shall see some of you tomorrow at Bluewater!

View attachment 778822

Amazing car.
Thanks for this mate. Picking up tomorrow at 11

Tomorrow is the day! Cannot believe that it's finally happening after 3 months! The forum and people here were do helpful and knowledgeable about so many things. All the photos, messages of encouragement and tips were invaluable! Some had moved from this particular thread during my time in here, some had gone on to different topics and some are still waiting for the estimated delivery day. It will happen eventually and I was one of those waiting for news the day after I placed an order. Thank you to all of you who interacted and answered my questions! I shall see some of you tomorrow at Bluewater!
But wait, no one actually knows what any of us look like 😂