Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had to renew their trade-in offer? Mine expires on the 14th and I have delivery on the 25th. Part of me is terrified the offer is going to drop and I'm going to have to scrape together the difference!
This happened to me the other day, the final offer expires after 60 days, even if it's been accepted.

I got an email saying it expired and to provide an updated odometer reading, which had increased by about 500 miles for me and I submitted it.
I too was very worried it would drop. But I was also hopeful that it might go up!

The offer that came was the same as the original offer 2 months ago :)

I see prices have increased for 3 & Y in USA by $1000. Looked on the UK site and prices seem to be stuck on £43990/51990/59990 for 3 RWD/LR/P whatever colour or wheels you choose, which is £100 less than white/aeros before (I think).

Buy quick if pondering? Are we ok if there is an increase if we've ordered?

M3 LR was £47,500 last March 2021 thru January 2022 and it w-days ago to £51,0000, that's an increase of £3,000!!! Anyone who ordered prior to a price increase is not affected by the increase

2022 ex demo LR on inventory but price is higher than new.
They are and they aren't. Telsa have bundled EAP or FSD with them, like they do for most of their second hand inventory. So the discount is eaten by the EAP or FSD options which are included. Also note the LR went up in price by 2 grand in the last couple days

Depends if you'd have been tempted by those options or not

Also guessing that the demo cars (only a quarter old) have the advantage of decent panel gaps, and the disadvantage of several thousand people playing with the window winders, adjusting the steering and soforth. And I guess flooring it and eating the tyres...

Last edited:
Hi All,

Summary of my experience so far:
  • 03.03 Ordered M3LR, Black on Black, Aero via salary sacrifice with Octopus EV -Slated for delivery June '22
  • 08.03 Received my RN from Octopus EV
  • 09.03 Called Tesla Dartford and managed to get a VIN assigned with my specs - car physically in Belfast approved for transfer to Bluewater
  • 22.03 Delivery date quoted by Tesla Assistant on the phone
Have to say everyone has been super helpful, both at OctopusEV and Tesla! Now just a matter of getting the car 🤩

Hope this helps others in a similar situation!
EDIT:

After all the excitement of getting a match so soon and waiting for a delivery date... everything went pear shape!

...Belfast denied the transfer and I got unmatched :eek: I then spent the day trying to get in touch with TA and my lease company to find another match... the team worked tirelessly and found another match at Bluewater! Got confirmation this is now been approved and just waiting for the famous text, with pickup on the 18th!

Once again everyone at Tesla and at OctopusEV has been amazing!

Ah! The rollercoaster of emotions!

inventory page is full of long range and performance at the moment. Also for UK. it seems like the lead time is between november 22-feb 23? that cannot be right.

Inventory page is full of Demonstrators which were UK staff daily drivers and also for Demo purposes. The Nov 22 thru Feb 23 are for new orders due to production allocations for corporate clients like Avis and Hertz car hires. The prices for Tesla UK vehicles increases substantially for some models, two days ago. The base model LR M3 jumped from 47,500 to 51,000

Got my 'on its way' text earlier. Not sure really of the significance of this but its a Tesla text so its exciting nonetheless!! Here is my timeline to help others:

- 02/02/22 Order (EDD May)
- 02/02/22 RN

End of Feb EDD turned to July

- 10/03/22 VIN (EDD 17th March - 29th March)
- 11/03/22 On its way

M3 RWD/White/Black/Aero/Tow

Collecting Bluewater

Can't wait for the arrange delivery text! I know its close haha. Anyone know roughly how long from the 'on its way' text the appointment booking text is? Call said the car is due to be delivered at Bluewater on the 24th March approx. Looks like lots of people are collecting tomorrow! She exciting 😍

Reactions: Snowy77
LRs all look like 2021 ex demo. Maybe they're refreshing their fleet with 2022 models but would be nice if they could sell them to customers..
Aye this stands along side my convo with someone earlier. Chose to remain in line for my May pick up of 2022 model with AMD etc.

PS: CRIKEY

1647016333148.png

Mentioned parts of this on another Thread earlier in the week but my MY LR delivery woes continue.

Our White MY; black interior/wheels was due Tuesday 8th (home delivery Via a Lease company - I converted an order I placed in Oct 2021) - received the Reg and all details etc. so we arrange insurance, sold our car (ICE BMW) and got VERY excited.

On Monday 7th at 5pm we got a text saying the vehicle failed it's pre-delivery inspection and would not be coming; since then we are struggling to get any information from Tesla or the Lease company.

We have been told that the text is standard wording and can mean many things i.e. it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with the car, it might have just missed the pick up window.

In fact we have been told Tesla are not 100% sure where the car is (either at Bluewater or Southampton) and no one knows what the new ETA is - only, someone will get back to us.

I fear we have fallen into a black hole as Tesla focus on moving forward with other scheduled pick-ups and deliveries.

Reading about these great pick up stories and seeing pictures is bitter sweet; I am happy for others yet it is compounding my situation.

I am not going to say this is a problem unique to Tesla. All companies suffer hiccups and problems; yet it is unfortunate that one of the things that initially appealed to me about Tesla's business model (i.e. removing the whole garage sales person experience) is what I find myself missing. The customer service I have experienced so far, whilst polite, is somewhat opaque. It is difficult to speak to someone actually in a position to know/action something.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Can anyone offer me any hope going into the weekend? Failing 'hope' any more pictures of the White/Black Wheels/Interior is very welcome.

Oh and if anyone sees a seemingly lost White MY in Bluewater or Southampton let me know ;)

Last edited:
Mentioned parts of this on another Thread earlier in the week but my MY LR delivery woes continue.

Our White MY; black interior/wheels was due Tuesday 8th (home delivery Via a Lease company - I converted an order I placed in Oct 2021) - received the Reg and all details etc. so we arrange insurance, sold our car (ICE BMW) and got VERY excited.

On Monday 7th at 5pm we got a text saying the vehicle failed it's pre-delivery inspection and would not be coming; since then we are struggling to get any information from Tesla or the Lease company.

We have been told that text is standard wording and can mean many things i.e. it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with the car, it might have just missed the pick up window.

In fact we have been told Tesla are not 100% where the car is (either at Bluewater or Southampton) and no one knows what the new ETA will now be - only, someone will get back to us when they do know.

I fear we have fallen into a black hole as Tesla focus on moving forward with other scheduled pick-ups and deliveries.

Reading about these great pick up stories and seeing pictures is bitter sweet; I am happy for others yet it is compounding my situation.

I am not going to say this is a problem unique to Tesla. All companies suffer hiccups and problems; yet it is unfortunate that one of the things that initially appealed to me about Tesla's business model (i.e. removing the whole garage sales person experience) is what I find myself missing. The customer service I have experienced so far, whilst polite, is somewhat opaque. It is difficult to speak to someone actually in a position to know/action something.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Can anyone offer me any hope going into the weekend? Failing 'hope' any more pictures of the White/Black Wheels/Interior is very welcome.

Oh and if anyone sees a seemingly lost White MY in Bluewater or Southampton let me know ;)
Can't provide any help I know :( BUT any idea what 'failed pre-delivery inspection' means? At least you weren't given a car that turned out to be faulty.

Feel bad for you, I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Give it the weekend, or go visit in person if you have a near by Tesla unit. Miracles happen when you're in front of a human :)

Reactions: dog299