Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disappointing first long drive today. 86 miles up the motorway, stuck at 72, and it’s used 50% battery so that means I will have to charge on the way home.

I really thought that 160-170 miles would be ok. It was 7 degrees so not warm but not cold either. Could this be down to the battery being new? These things don’t need ‘running in’ do they?

Thanks snowy!! Feeling very lucky :) i actually just got the most bought one on a
Amazon which was only £110! I was amazed by how perfect the fit was, lots of people say the spoilers don’t fit so well at the ends but this is flawless. Installation took 20 seconds! Best upgrade, really changes the look of the rear. I personally don’t love the back without a spoiler as it’s too much white. The pattern on this one is ok, not as nice looking as the genuine Tesla one. I’d maybe get that or a genuine carbon fibre one in the future but at the moment I’m so happy with this!!!
Can you please share the link

Disappointing first long drive today. 86 miles up the motorway, stuck at 72, and it’s used 50% battery so that means I will have to charge on the way home.

I really thought that 160-170 miles would be ok. It was 7 degrees so not warm but not cold either. Could this be down to the battery being new? These things don’t need ‘running in’ do they?
What Spec? Have you changed it to 100% yet?

Did you pre-condition ? It was cold overnight so battery won’t have been optimum. Also wind resistance above 65mph is a huge factor going just a few MPH lower would make a big difference

Picked up my Model 3RWD Saturday from the NEC , Nice and smooth process and tried out the superchargers at Rugby on the way home which were great. Only downside `I'm still waiting for the car to show in the app which I assume that's down to it being a lease car through ALD. Anyone else had a delay on the car appearing in the app due to it being a lease vehicle?

Did you pre-condition ? It was cold overnight so battery won’t have been optimum. Also wind resistance above 65mph is a huge factor going just a few MPH lower would make a big difference
So I turned on pre-heat the cabin for about 10 minutes before I leave. That, I assume, would not have been enough to warm the battery though?

Does the battery warming automatically come on when you warm the cabin or is there a separate setting in the app?

Got my new Model Y (LR MCR) a couple of weeks ago and I love it.

However, first long distance trip this past weekend I fully charged to 325 miles and after a 180 mile trip I only had around 40 miles left - is this typical?

Also, my mirrors fold in when I get home and I cannot for the life of my find how I disable the fold on location setting.

Picked up my Model 3RWD Saturday from the NEC , Nice and smooth process and tried out the superchargers at Rugby on the way home which were great. Only downside `I'm still waiting for the car to show in the app which I assume that's down to it being a lease car through ALD. Anyone else had a delay on the car appearing in the app due to it being a lease vehicle?
If it requires ALD to do anything to enable it in the app then I'm not surprised it will take them a week or more to do it. I'm also with ALD and just got mine delivered this morning, so not expecting it to show anytime soon in the app...

However, first long distance trip this past weekend I fully charged to 325 miles and after a 180 mile trip I only had around 40 miles left - is this typical?

Also, my mirrors fold in when I get home and I cannot for the life of my find how I disable the fold on location setting.
What kind of speed were you driving?

I'm experiencing the same with my 2022 RWD LFP. I've travelled a total of 300+ miles, these journeys consist of driving on the M4 where I'm averaging around 266Wh/mi. However, I'm putting it down to not preconditioning the battery, weather conditions and 2/3 of the journey doing 70mph.

When your mirrors fold in on location, go to to the menu, select fold in mirrors (it'll be showing as already being selected) and it'll have a drop down button that says "saved location" just press that button and the location becomes unsaved. I made the mistake of manually folding in the mirrors every time I parked up and saving the location, without realising you can set it to automatically fold when you park up, get out and walk away as part of the car locking itself. 😅

Last edited: