Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My collection was 2pm today. I arrived at 1pm to a completely deserted car park with lots of shiny new Teslas! I sat around for 5 mins until someone walked past and said he would give the team a call as they were in a break. They were very happy to come over and sort out my collection. Took 10 mins max from then until I was driving away. Just checked my driving license to confirm who I was then gave me the key cards. The also made a big fuss of letting me know about a ‘surprise’ waiting for me in the boot - the parcel shelf!

Very dark in the car park so drove to an outside car park to give it the once over - all good!

Pleasantly surprised at how clean the car was as well!
That's reassuring to hear. Congrats on the car

Reactions: suresh.thomas@
My collection was 2pm today. I arrived at 1pm to a completely deserted car park with lots of shiny new Teslas! I sat around for 5 mins until someone walked past and said he would give the team a call as they were in a break. They were very happy to come over and sort out my collection. Took 10 mins max from then until I was driving away. Just checked my driving license to confirm who I was then gave me the key cards. The also made a big fuss of letting me know about a ‘surprise’ waiting for me in the boot - the parcel shelf!

Very dark in the car park so drove to an outside car park to give it the once over - all good!

That’s great news. I’ve budgeted myself until 4pm so sounds like I’ll be well on my way into the M25 rush hour by then 🤩

Reactions: Toblerone

Resultamondo! WNTL? A clean well built car and a parcel shelf, missing only swirls...happily!
Enjoy.

Last edited:
I have parcel shelf envy as one wasn’t included with mine. Even though I always remove it and put it back in when I sell/trade!!
Ha! ha! me too. The X3's retractable luggage cover is stored and immaculate soon to be reinstated for selling.

Curiously, I hope mine has that simple rigid parcel shelf because it may act as an echo baffle.:)

• Funny
Reactions: Undecided_2
From the T&Cs that everyone agrees to when placing an order: "We may unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle..." and "we also reserve the right to refuse any future orders for other vehicles you may place with us."

They frown on buying to flip and have been known to curtail future purchases by people who do, albeit the stories I have seen were USA
This is the same crap that started with Rolex a few years back- speculators messing about. I know they can do it but it doesn’t make it right.

What would you say were the proportions of the 5 colours? I assume mostly white with a few grey and black and then even fewer blue and red least of all.

This is the same crap that started with Rolex a few years back- speculators messing about. I know they can do it but it doesn’t make it right.
....and it's nothing new; time was when you could transfer your order of a sought after car in short supply. Those willing to pay, simply paid the reservation holder thereby obviating the need of the speculator to receive the car and resell. Also, this way, the car came as brand new with no previous.

It tended to happen with super cars in the main and so took a pair to take the financial risk. Tesla may proclaim their disapproval, (and from the view point of we genuine buyers, it's quite shabby), but I doubt they have the resources to do much about it over here. There are dealers who always have one or two on order. I almost bought one at hefty premium in January but I did not want there two owners, as and when the time comes.....

Last edited:
There’s a small area in front of the rear wheels on each door that has film….where its particularly prone to chips.
Right. Thank you. And there are things like that that can be sorted on the spot at delivery? I had [wrongly] assumed that there is nothing they can do at delivery (they are just guys handing over the card keys) and therefore was just going to check for obvious damage that could be argued by Tesla as done by me on the way home and do all the rest of the checks at home.

Thank you.

Good to see everyone's deliveries yesterday, as for mine back in March, and no doubt many others before, have come without the woes spread around on here of swirl marks and panel gaps, missing cables and anything else...
Like others I was fretting like mad on collection and spent more time than necessary checking a perfect car rather than enjoying the experience.
Prepare yourself by all means but please go positive, the guys on site were amazing and helpful (as again proven yesterday) as it is in their best interests for us all to leave as happy customers so they can tick off another quarterly sales target 🎯.
Roll on more collections this week, enjoy guys they are amazing.
PS... still haven't dropped £1.5k on AB as I can live with the standard acceleration and have found a better use for the cash. Not to say I won't in the future though if I have it burning a hole in my pocket ;)

Excellent. I will drive without the Gemini's covers. They look quite nice with hub and wheel nut covers added.

I hope your wait is not too long. If the Teslermotorsclub, EDD Classes of Q3 and Q4 are anything like the Q2 bunch, you will have fun - but a cautionary note; it can become addictive.:)

Now then.....SWMBO said " Addictive! And then some. I'd rather see you back on the marching powder". :oops: Not really....honest😆 I'm joking :rolleyes:.

Last edited: