Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh - Cheers for the reply - then maybe it will happen. I guess as the most basic model it may be more likely to be 'spare' - bit of a contrast to the car we had originally thought we might go for - that was quoted as 'at least 9-10 months'.
You sound similar to me. I had ordered a different car last June with an expected ETA (at the time) of January '23. All of my monthly updates kept saying January remained the ETA, until December's when they admitted they had no idea when my order would be fulfilled. Elon's New Year sale and the ETA by end of March was to good to resist.
The Model Y had been my preference last summer but at that time the prices were shooting upwards and I couldn't justify the extra cost. Now the value has come down, the Model Y offers much better value for money, particularly in 'poverty spec' - White, black interior and standard wheels!

UPDATE - While I was writing my previous message I received a text saying my car will be delivered on 1st March! (Ordered on 16th January)

Question- Will a car delivered on 1st March be the first of the 23 plates or is there a chance it will be a 72 plate? 🤔

UPDATE - While I was writing my previous message I received a text saying my car will be delivered on 1st March! (Ordered on 16th January)

Question- Will a car delivered on 1st March be the first of the 23 plates or is there a chance it will be a 72 plate? 🤔
Mines being delivered on the 2nd March (pushed from the 23rd Feb as I’m on hols) and when I asked similar question on her consensus was it would be a 23 plate.
The chat seems to be Tesla don’t register them until day or day before delivery / collection - but I’ve no idea how it works tbh!

Hey all,
I ordered a Model 3 RWD white, based in Ireland. Tesla's website said that it will be delivered 24th of feb to 12 march. I still have not received my VIN. Has anyone in ROI who placed an order recently recieved a VIN?
Hi, when did you order? I ordered a LR MY Black on 19th Jan - my delivery estimate on my order page just says Feb-Apr............. I'll be delighted if it narrows down to some specific dates to be honest!

Ahh - Cheers for the reply - then maybe it will happen. I guess as the most basic model it may be more likely to be 'spare' - bit of a contrast to the car we had originally thought we might go for - that was quoted as 'at least 9-10 months'.
Most, if not all, of the backlog has been cleared and you are ordering nearer the beginning of the quarter so there is time to be allocated a vehicle before the March cut off when ships cannot make it in time for the quarter end.

That and seemingly supply is meeting/exceeding demand at the moment so you have very short lead-times.

Reactions: ringi
Most, if not all, of the backlog has been cleared and you are ordering nearer the beginning of the quarter so there is time to be allocated a vehicle before the March cut off when ships cannot make it in time for the quarter end.

That and seemingly supply is meeting/exceeding demand at the moment so you have very short lead-times.
I hope this applies to Ireland too!! Ordered Jan 19th - says Feb-Apr..... some people have told me it could be September haha

Hi, when did you order? I ordered a LR MY Black on 19th Jan - my delivery estimate on my order page just says Feb-Apr............. I'll be delighted if it narrows down to some specific dates to be honest!
Hello! I bought it 15 Jan! I got the narrowed estimate a day after my order. I was hoping the car would be on the ship that just docked in Zeebrugge. Im hoping to be assigned a VIN this week.

Reactions: Dmaurice
You sound similar to me. I had ordered a different car last June with an expected ETA (at the time) of January '23. All of my monthly updates kept saying January remained the ETA, until December's when they admitted they had no idea when my order would be fulfilled. Elon's New Year sale and the ETA by end of March was to good to resist.
The Model Y had been my preference last summer but at that time the prices were shooting upwards and I couldn't justify the extra cost. Now the value has come down, the Model Y offers much better value for money, particularly in 'poverty spec' - White, black interior and standard wheels!
Just tonight we confirmed our collection date. 6th February. 10 days after we ordered. Frankly bonkers but I'm sure it's because our car is a base level, white, Model 3. Still amazing though.

Amazing - I ordered on 19th....really hope they deliver within Q1. Fingers crossed!!
Hopefully! I was planning on purchasing a used M3 before the price drop! I had finances sorted and everything ready. Tesla refused to drop the prices of used cars so I cancelled and put my name on the list for a new one. The 2020 M3 SR+ was worth the same as a brand new M3, I'm not sure why Tesla refused to drop the price. Anyway, I had my finance application transferred to the new car, only problem is that it is valid only for 90 days. If I don't get the new car by March then I would have to re-apply for financing :(

I hope this applies to Ireland too!! Ordered Jan 19th - says Feb-Apr..... some people have told me it could be September haha
It’s lovely watching the sensible lead times being given this year. Last year the delivery threads were a real case of mines longer than yours. There were basic spec cars which were ordered in January, and in November they still hadn’t received allocations! My M3 was ordered April and deivered November and was a short wait! In the end though, they finally cleared the backlog, and warnings of waiting half a year or more seem to have gone away for now. Tesla may be winding us up with USS removal and poor wiper implementations, but they have got their production expansion right.

Hopefully! I was planning on purchasing a used M3 before the price drop! I had finances sorted and everything ready. Tesla refused to drop the prices of used cars so I cancelled and put my name on the list for a new one. The 2020 M3 SR+ was worth the same as a brand new M3, I'm not sure why Tesla refused to drop the price. Anyway, I had my finance application transferred to the new car, only problem is that it is valid only for 90 days. If I don't get the new car by March then I would have to re-apply for financing :(
Based on my own experience of ordering my MYRWD and reading so many other similar reports on here, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't take delivery of a new car within 90 days from placing your order.

I ordered mine on 16th January and am taking delivery on 1st March - 44 days from start to finish. TESLA seem to have cleared their back orders much faster than other manufacturers have been able to. 👍

Based on my own experience of ordering my MYRWD and reading so many other similar reports on here, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't take delivery of a new car within 90 days from placing your order.

I ordered mine on 16th January and am taking delivery on 1st March - 44 days from start to finish. TESLA seem to have cleared their back orders much faster than other manufacturers have been able to. 👍
You’ve gotten the VIN already? Do you mind me asking when you received the message that your vin was assigned?

Status
Not open for further replies.