Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For info, you may want to check your EDD with Tesla. I decided to follow your lead to take an 'existing inventory' car, the lease company have made the request with Tesla. I was on the webchat with Tesla this afternoon to enquire about timescales. They informed me that the 'existing inventory' cars that match my original order spec are not in the UK yet. I would be collecting from Manchester or Newcastle, they checked the stock at these locations for me and said they don't have any, even though the website shows them as 'collection only' from those locations. So 'existing inventory' does not mean they are in the UK.
Weirdly, had a text coming through, saying that my car is ready to collect, from Brent Cross and it gave me a few dates available. Booked a slot on the 2nd. Calling them atm, because on the Tesla account it doesn't look like it has been payed.

For info, you may want to check your EDD with Tesla. I decided to follow your lead to take an 'existing inventory' car, the lease company have made the request with Tesla. I was on the webchat with Tesla this afternoon to enquire about timescales. They informed me that the 'existing inventory' cars that match my original order spec are not in the UK yet. I would be collecting from Manchester or Newcastle, they checked the stock at these locations for me and said they don't have any, even though the website shows them as 'collection only' from those locations. So 'existing inventory' does not mean they are in the UK.
Finished speaking to them, he has checked, the car is on stock, is there, ready to be picked up. He checked via the VIN and it is in Brent Cross waiting for me, that is what he said. In the same time, it looks like something is happening although they cannot find anything in the system, the car is still under my name (if the leasing company takes over it would be in their name). I don't know what is happening, hope I will have more answers tomorrow/next week.
Hope this helps.

Finished speaking to them, he has checked, the car is on stock, is there, ready to be picked up. He checked via the VIN and it is in Brent Cross waiting for me, that is what he said. In the same time, it looks like something is happening although they cannot find anything in the system, the car is still under my name (if the leasing company takes over it would be in their name). I don't know what is happening, hope I will have more answers tomorrow/next week.
Hope this helps.
Very interesting. Perhaps the person I dealt with via chat had the wrong info, or perhaps you were lucky that your vehicle is in the U.K. already.
I received a text this evening with delivery on 23!03. I am away so replied that I can’t receive it but mentioned I could take existing inventory earlier. Will wait and see what reply I receive in the next few days.
Sounds like you’re sorted now, hope it all works out.

Very interesting. Perhaps the person I dealt with via chat had the wrong info, or perhaps you were lucky that your vehicle is in the U.K. already.
I received a text this evening with delivery on 23!03. I am away so replied that I can’t receive it but mentioned I could take existing inventory earlier. Will wait and see what reply I receive in the next few days.
Sounds like you’re sorted now, hope it all works out.
I hope the leasing company moves and deals with the paper work. We will find out soon. Tomorrow/next week.

Hi another lurking newbie here.

Ordered a M3P mid November via salary sacrifice.
Lease company told me Vin had been assigned last week.
Spoke to Tesla on Monday to be told my car will be at the Bristol distribution centre by the 20th March.
Had text today confirming delivery to me on the 21st March.
Happy days!
Next few weeks are going to drag like hell :).

What a journey this has been. Where do I start ? Yeah, after millions of calls, Kinto weren't finding my details in their system, stating that there is no RN under my name (although I have seen the e-mail going to them). Stayed on the phone today for about 4 hours with Tesla, Kinto, Knowles. The motherfronters they raised a NEW order under my name with a delivery in October. After the phone calls, found someone at Tesla who has done the impossible, such as changed the new order into the new one, with a different RN, with the same car and home delivery for sometimes next week or the week after, until the 11nth of March. They say.
I will only believe it when I see the text from Tesla with the new RN, Reg and delivery date. And not even then, the way they change orders, it is beyond any reason.
However, let's say I am one step closer of owning the M3LRAWD in blue.
Rant over... lol

Reactions: Mistake Not
Anyone know how long it takes for transfer to show on Tesla account, got pickup for next Saturday, sent a £1 transaction to ensure details were correct in the morning, but nothing is showing up in the account. I've like triple checked details and they are correct. Thanks

If it's a manual process perhap it takes longer on a weekend?
I don’t think it is manual but seems it is only updates every few hours, so if you just missed an update you may have to wait longer than average. When I paid off my vehicle in £10k chunks it varied between just a few minutes and a few hours for each payment to show.

I received a call from Tesla today, my account still shows the old RN. They will refund me the deposit as the leasing company took over, my car has arrived in Brent Cross and will be delivered at my home next week Happy bunny is an understatement. I am glad everything is working out as it should. I hope I get it on my birthday (5th of March) . lol

Status
Not open for further replies.