Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered my MYP (silver) back in March via a salary sacrifice (UK based). I was initially told to expect delivery 'late May, early June). That slipped to 'late July'. I was messaged by Tesla last week to confirm delivery 18th August - which is the day we go on holiday. So as I understand it, my car will be offered to someone else and I'm back on the waiting list for 'September'! How likely is that given we've waited March to August already?

Reactions: lucas5905
I ordered my MYP (silver) back in March via a salary sacrifice (UK based). I was initially told to expect delivery 'late May, early June). That slipped to 'late July'. I was messaged by Tesla last week to confirm delivery 18th August - which is the day we go on holiday. So as I understand it, my car will be offered to someone else and I'm back on the waiting list for 'September'! How likely is that given we've waited March to August already?

Ask them when the car is getting to the collection centre (usually day earlier than your delivery), see if you can pick it up before?

Literally the exact thing that’s happened to me. MYP Silver, ordered mid May and delivery times just kept slipping. Picking up mid-august. That is such bad luck to be having delivery day when you go away. I would see if you can pick up from the port.
September is never guaranteed.

Literally the exact thing that’s happened to me. MYP Silver, ordered mid May and delivery times just kept slipping. Picking up mid-august. That is such bad luck to be having delivery day when you go away. I would see if you can pick up from the port.
September is never guaranteed.
Unfortunately I think that ship has sailed (see what I did there?). We actually go on leave the day before the delivery date so even if that was a possibility its ruled out. Not sure I'd want to pick up my first ever EV anyway, only to drive it straight to the airport and leave it there for two weeks o_O I guess I'll just need to see when the next ship from Shanghai arrives in the UK with a car in my spec. Hopefully not too long.

Reactions: lucas5905
In my case the app shows the car (VIN appeared second day of getting the email to register my account - company lease car) it used to show me an estimated delivery date (2 week window - but about 2 weeks sooner than what was agreed with the leasing company) but now it says "Complete" and shows the delivery address (my address).

On the website I don't see the car, `oxp-bff-api/user-orders` shows all fields as empty. Weird, maybe they don't support b2b in web.

Checked what the mobile app is getting from Tesla's endpoints, orderStatus is BOOKED, orderSubstatus is `_Z`. I can see a vehicleMapId, the ownerCompanyName and is set to true, to a well known leasing company (not the one I used, they're probably subcontracting). `mktOptions` is set and seem correct. It all looks good!

But now I wonder if I'm going to get the car sooner than expected. FWP.

Hey folks. Iv been enjoying reading alot of your comments.
I had a question about reg plates. If I order a new model Y, now but it gets delivered after September will it be on 73 plate or 23 plates. How does registrations work with tesla. This will wil be my first Tesla as well as first electric car. Any input would be appericated. I will be buying this as a very long term car. So getting a newer plate sits better with me. I kn

Hey folks. Iv been enjoying reading alot of your comments.
I had a question about reg plates. If I order a new model Y, now but it gets delivered after September will it be on 73 plate or 23 plates. How does registrations work with tesla. This will wil be my first Tesla as well as first electric car. Any input would be appericated. I will be buying this as a very long term car. So getting a newer plate sits better with me. I kn
It is registered the day before collection so it would have a 73 plate. You may get the reg number a week or two before, even if it is still August, as Tesla are pre-allocated blocks of registrations ahead of when they need them.

It is registered the day before collection so it would have a 73 plate. You may get the reg number a week or two before, even if it is still August, as Tesla are pre-allocated blocks of registrations ahead of when they need them.

thank you, that’s really helpful and good to know. So in theory if i place my order within say the next two weeks. it could be a 23 or a 73 plate depending on when they register it and or if they can allocate one that’s already available.

it could be a 23 or a 73 plate depending on when they register it and or if they can allocate one that’s already available.
It could be either depending on when you collect. If you try and push out a collection date by more than a week from when you are initially offered, you run the risk of Tesla allocating the vehicle to someone else and you wait for another to be allocated to you.

Hi everyone!

Made the jump to a tesla thanks to the pretty great 0% finance deals, wasn't really planning on changing car but here we are!

So, doing some research before it arrives and found this forum, which is pretty great tbh.
At
I put my order in for a red+white M3P on the 24th July, with a EDD of Aug-Sept. What's the chances my car is already on a ship, on its way to the UK (for Belfast delivery)?

Many thanks!

Yes. You can get a quote without the reg but will need the reg before the policy can go live.
thanks, doing that now.

No not in the UK, Tesla only fit 'summer' tyres here.
Thanks, have you stuck with the summer tyres?
Iv always run all season tyres so not sure how the summers will hold up come winter. Do you or the folks here switch it for winter tyres latter on in the year. Or even all season?

Status
Not open for further replies.