Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently my leasing paperwork got delayed, and just got told this by Tesla:

We assigned a vehicle on the `24th May which we wanted to deliver on the 13th June. During this time your leasing company did not send leasing authorisation which is what the point in regards to the finalisation of your order refers to. Therefore the vehicle was unassigned from the order. Your leasing company sent leasing authorisation on the 21st June and currently we do not have any more vehicles available.We are at the end of q2 and all vehicles have been assigned, the next allocations will be in Q3 which is July - September. We cannot advise on a specific date as the shipments have not yet been scheduled.

Considering the shipment from China to UK is around 30 days, and the ships for Q3 haven't even departured yet, I guess I'm looking at a minimum of 5 or 6 weeks (being lucky) for my Model 3 :(

Anyone get this before they picked up their car (arrived by email)
I picked up my MY last Thursday in Dublin and got this message. Car had 17% (90km) charge and I had a lot further to go to get home. The car led me on a merry chase as the address for the newest supercharger wasnā€™t yet listed on the Tesla network. There is a ā€œfeatureā€ that if you are under 20% charge the car will route you to the nearest supercharger. So I was rerouted from the nearest, not yet registered, supercharger to someplace that was much further away. We found it in the end and figured it out but it was a bit nail biting.
Still waiting for my credit to come in.

Anyone have any recent experience on how long it was between getting your reg plate and delivery?

I ordered mine through a work scheme with octopus on the 3rd July, got my VIN number in an email from Tesla on the 7th, got my registration number today (8th), but my estimate for delivery according to octopus is currently Sep - Nov!

I've checked the reg on the GOV website and can see it's taxed with a V5C issued on 23rd June, surely that means it's in the country at least?

Anyone have any recent experience on how long it was between getting your reg plate and delivery?

I ordered mine through a work scheme with octopus on the 3rd July, got my VIN number in an email from Tesla on the 7th, got my registration number today (8th), but my estimate for delivery according to octopus is currently Sep - Nov!

I've checked the reg on the GOV website and can see it's taxed with a V5C issued on 23rd June, surely that means it's in the country at least?
Call tesla support with your VIN and RN they should be able to give your correct timelines.
Leasing companies are generally clueless about delivery timelines as deliveries/handovers are managed by tesla themselves.

Tesla donā€™t register until the day before delivery so that vehicle is possibly a fallen through sale and might not be the correct registration for your vehicle.

Yeah you might be right, had an email off Tesla this morning saying my free trial of premium connectivity expires on the 24th of July so that sure sounds like a car that was initially someone elseā€™s

So Tesla reduced inventory cars discount couple of hours before I wanted to buy one. Had a couple of questions to ask dealer before placing unrefundable deposit so waited till opening time and placed call. Went back online and discount had been reduced by Ā£3k!
any ideas if or when it will be reinstated.?

Have you checked for a hidden vin? If you log into your Tesla account and go to: https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders If you have a VIN, take a look at the shipping section of this forum to find which shipment itā€™s in for an ETA šŸ‘
I've logged into my Tesla account but as I thought, I can't find anything that would help. As I've ordered my MYP via a third party I am dependent upon them for detail such as VIN, delivery, etc. And they have been very slow in providing any updates!

All TM3's now 0% APR on PCP.

Tesla playing around with their finance options with some models having higher monthly's but no final payment.

Choices there for LR RWD

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 13.41.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 13.41.35.png
    172 KB · Views: 109
I went ahead with an order for a MY RWD at the weekend. Tesla matched me to an existing vehicle supposedly already at Southampton and I was given the VIN straight away by the showroom. Am leasing through ALD and application has been approved.

EDD is showing as 26th July - 10th August. Hopefully it will be the earlier end! I believe itā€™s waiting for Tesla to send the paperwork to ALD.

Iā€™ve looked up the VIN and the estimated build date is 30th May, so this must have been one of last quarters batch. Is there anything I should be worried about, it being one left over from the last batch? I guess it could have been someone elseā€™s cancelled order and I was in the showroom at the right time. Hopefully itā€™s not the ugly duckling nobody else wanted šŸ˜†

I went ahead with an order for a MY RWD at the weekend. Tesla matched me to an existing vehicle supposedly already at Southampton and I was given the VIN straight away by the showroom. Am leasing through ALD and application has been approved.

EDD is showing as 26th July - 10th August. Hopefully it will be the earlier end! I believe itā€™s waiting for Tesla to send the paperwork to ALD.

Iā€™ve looked up the VIN and the estimated build date is 30th May, so this must have been one of last quarters batch. Is there anything I should be worried about, it being one left over from the last batch? I guess it could have been someone elseā€™s cancelled order and I was in the showroom at the right time. Hopefully itā€™s not the ugly duckling nobody else wanted šŸ˜†
I ordered mine at the end of June, my EDD was early September to late August, but now confirmed delivery for 3rd August. My vin suggests the same build date, so would assume yours is on the same ship as mine which must be the next to come to the UK?

I am looking at ordering a M3 Rear Wheel Drive (Standard Range) - taking advantage of 4 years interest free credit and a very low initial payment. The inventory cars look to offer a decent saving, but Iā€™m mot wanting the car until the very end of September, and apparently you have to take an inventory car in 7-12 days...

Tesla have told me to place an order now for a ā€˜new buildā€™ and put a delivery date of September 30th - then, closer to the time, to look at the inventory cars and ā€˜swapā€™ to one of those. They say Iā€™ll get the inventory price (plus any other deals that may be on the table on pre-Highland cars by then)ā€¦

Does that ring true or am I being lead up the garden path?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.