Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 3rd party service agents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GeorgeSymonds

Mar 16, 2018
UK
This is a thread, like the charge point installtion recommendations, to capture 3rd party garages who have shown to be knowlegable about servicing Teslas. With more Teslas dropping out of warranty and some owners simply wanting basic maintenance tasks done, I think we can expect more and more places to become able to work on Teslas and either more convenient to many, and/or cheaper.

If posting, please be clear about the work done and why you feel they should be recommended.

Any posts that look like spam will be dealt with accordingly. This is not for self promotion unless you've paid to be an appropriate supporting member of the site (which are the site rules).

Reactions: LavanyaLea
I'll kick my own thread off and recommend Cleevely in Cheltenham. They've been talked about a lot for long time and I've used them twice now, once to service and MOT my previous MS. Everything done well, they gave me a room to work in while I waited (may need to check its always available as it looked like a training room), and they didn;t just replace bits if they could be cleaned (like the hepa filter). Relatively good value too.

Only annoyance I had was I wanted a wheel alignment doing and their equipment was broken on the day. I guess things happen.

I've just had the work Tesla recommends on the Model 3 after 12 months done at a local garage.

That's a brake service (pad removal and 'grease') and rotate the wheels back to front. All competent garages should be able to do that, especially now that Tesla are providing the service manuals for free at service.tesla.com.

I did start by looking at HEVRA members (HEVRA- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Repair Alliance) but the local desk staff were still not up to speed with EVs - still handling mainly ICE I guess. I'm sure they are technically competent.

Ended up with a local garage (David Dexters garage in Bridgnorth - Car sales and repairs) where both the manager and shop manager run LEAFs. Keen on EVs. I'd recommend them for anyone in South Shropshire or the Wolverhampton area. Saved me a 1.5 hour each way trip into the Birmingham SC.

I'm likely to stick to Tesla for HV-related work.