Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update: 3rd party charging network in Nav

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
2022 “Holiday update” seems to have also extended the list for 3rd party chargers to appear in the Nav for routing and battery preconditioning.

Tesla have also outlined to rules for 3rd party charging sites appear in the list…

Improving Access to Third-Party Fast Charging​

Third-party fast chargers that meet our performance and reliability standards will be added to Tesla’s navigation automatically as Qualified Third-Party Chargers. The intent is to ensure a smooth charging experience for Tesla drivers. The following standards will first roll out across Europe and Israel.

Qualified Charging Station Requirements
For a charging station to be included in Tesla’s navigation system, it must meet these conditions over a 60-day period:
  1. At least one compatible charging connector
  2. Frequently used by Tesla drivers at least once every four days
  3. Average charge success rate is 90% or higher
To detect inoperable chargers quickly and provide the best experience for our customers, stations will be removed from Tesla’s navigation system if any of the following conditions are met over a 14-day period:
  1. No charge sessions detected
  2. Average charge success rate falls below 70%
The conditions to become or remain a Qualified Third-Party Charging Station are subject to change. Tesla does not guarantee the performance or maintenance of the third-party chargers. For any questions about this update, selection or removal criteria, contact [email protected].

It’s probably might just be language but I hope this includes Ultra Rapids and pre-conditioning, otherwise I don’t see much point.
It does. Or at least it worked for me at a few Ionity and Instavolt sites earlier in the week.

It would also explain why one or two ionity sites were missing - maybe been purged due to reliability

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
ABetterRoutePlanner has that ability - probably better suited to planning a journey than in-car nav
My experience of ABRP is that it materially underestimates the MYLR’s range, so planned routes contain unnecessary and overly short charging stops. I tend to drive fast so don’t believe the issue is due to driving efficiency. The disparity between ABRP (using its default settings for MYLR) and Tesla’s in-car planner is so great that I gave up on ABRP.

Have others noticed a similar issue and, if so, are there recommended setting changes in ABRP to improve its prediction accuracy?

Reactions: Vidyutyaan
My experience of ABRP is that it materially underestimates the MYLR’s range, so planned routes contain unnecessary and overly short charging stops. I tend to drive fast so don’t believe the issue is due to driving efficiency. The disparity between ABRP (using its default settings for MYLR) and Tesla’s in-car planner is so great that I gave up on ABRP.

Have others noticed a similar issue and, if so, are there recommended setting changes in ABRP to improve its prediction accuracy?
Change the reference consumption in the settings?

I do trips from East to Cornish beaches in one charge stopping at Exeter, usually this is done via ABRP. I also put max speed as 83 and ref consumption around 252 though my average is around 232. I have a SR model 3.

Sometimes I do two stops but that is mainly for comfort breaks. I have not noticed major differences between the car navigation and ABRP.

It's great that they are included, but would love a way to hide them. I only use SuC so it's nothing but a mess for me :/
But what would you if there was a queue for the superchargers but there was a viable alternative nearby? This often happens to me at Gretna. Last time I was there there was a large, disorganised queue for the superchargers but three out of four 350kw Ionity chargers were available. I didn’t have to queue and I got a faster charge than the superchargers could offer.

Just occasionally there are actually better alternatives to the SuC network.

Reactions: Pants and Js1977
But what would you if there was a queue for the superchargers but there was a viable alternative nearby? This often happens to me at Gretna. Last time I was there there was a large, disorganised queue for the superchargers but three out of four 350kw Ionity chargers were available. I didn’t have to queue and I got a faster charge than the superchargers could offer.

I also use the Ionity chargers at Gretna. It makes me laugh when I see people queueing for ages at the superchargers when the Ionity chargers are available.

I'd queue.

I'm not saying it isn't a great idea displaying the chargers, I'm simply saying I'd like a way to hide them as they are of little use to me...

Reactions: Redbaron73