Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Anyone rejected?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course every one could do better. Tesla does not claim perfection.

My point is that Tesla makes pretty good cars, but with some shortcomings. People that focus exclusively on the shortcomings often miss out on all the excellent things that they have accomplished.

Posters that use over the top emotional descriptions such as trash, rubbish, crap are perhaps just using click bait terms to gain attention.

Posters that use over the top emotional descriptions such as trash, rubbish, crap are perhaps just using click bait terms to gain attention.

This has been done to death here and whilst there is a good deal which is just plain incorrect in your posts above (certainly with regards to my buying experience) I'll not rake over these ashes yet again other than to say that my problem with Tesla is the (in my experience) contempt with which they treat their customers.

I'm just upset that I don't have to go to the local shell station every week and get my hands covered in smelly petrol - and I miss the oil changes too and the emissions inspections used to be so much fun. I also hate the instant acceleration that lets me get out of the way of some other road user. It's also really annoying to have extra storage in the frunk

Oddly though, I'm ok with having to buy my own mudflaps

I'm just upset that I don't have to go to the local shell station every week and get my hands covered in smelly petrol - and I miss the oil changes too and the emissions inspections used to be so much fun. I also hate the instant acceleration that lets me get out of the way of some other road user. It's also really annoying to have extra storage in the frunk

That post was singularly unhelpful.
We are all aware of the joys of owning an EV (those characteristics are not exclusive to Tesla). Most of us are quite happy with their Teslas (myself included).
But it’s perfectly reasonable to have misgivings about some…. odd decisions made by the company. Moreover, their often cavalier and sometimes downright contemptuous attitude to Customer Service (fuelled in part by “growing pains” but also by their currently dominant position in the EV market) is grounds for some justifiable criticism.

Last edited:

Really not sure what any of this has got to do with the price of cheese?

(If you were getting petrol on your hands, you were doing something very wrong!)

Last edited:
Reactions: yessuz and Zilla91
This has been done to death here and whilst there is a good deal which is just plain incorrect in your posts above (certainly with regards to my buying experience) I'll not rake over these ashes yet again other than to say that my problem with Tesla is the (in my experience) contempt with which they treat their customers.
Maybe that's contempt with which you've been treated. I'm a customer and not had any sensations of contempt, always found Tesla very easy to deal with and professional. I certainly prefer it to the subservience-at-a-cost I used to have from BMW.
I do have USS so haven't had an experience of Tesla Vision, I don't find the USS especially valuable at all, they just say STOP far too soon to be useful and don't help avoid kerbs. I do have the substandard wipers, but my previous BMW required me to turn on the wipers initially and tweak the sensitivity, as well as having substandard fuel efficiency so I'm better off now.

Reactions: Whyone
Maybe that's contempt with which you've been treated. I'm a customer and not had any sensations of contempt, always found Tesla very easy to deal with and professional. I certainly prefer it to the subservience-at-a-cost I used to have from BMW.
I do have USS so haven't had an experience of Tesla Vision, I don't find the USS especially valuable at all, they just say STOP far too soon to be useful and don't help avoid kerbs. I do have the substandard wipers, but my previous BMW required me to turn on the wipers initially and tweak the sensitivity, as well as having substandard fuel efficiency so I'm better off now.
Yes, certainly me and I know a good fee others are mightily unimpressed with how Tesla have gone about their business over the last 12 months or so.

I'm sure that there are many, like you, are very happy with their car / customer service experiences.

BMW....I narrowly avoided becoming a BMW (M3) customer after being told an out and out lie with potentially huge consequences for me down the line by a salesperson.

<...>

If not, you can always sell it, learn your lesson and be on to a different choice.
No, it is not the case. Car value plummeted and people might have financial commitments for the car (finance for example) and if they sell it - the value they can sell it might be below the balance. so, no, it is not an option to many.
All these issues have been discussed at length in forms like this. Buyers are well aware of what the Tesla product can and cannot do.
Mate, you are horribly deluded if you think that people read this or any other tesla forum before making decision to buy a car, therefore they are well aware.

Actually, I tend to think that there is absolutely small minority of people who read or research things before pulling a trigger. Most people depend on the common sense, which would say that "car which cost 50k should have working parking sensors by default".

If you made a bad choice, either turn it in, sell it or live with it.
Not an option for many as above.
If you keep it, there is always the chance that Tesla is working on a betterment, and will download an improvement for free when it becomes available.
they are going to "download" physical cameras and install them in order to avoid black spots? I know some drugs are legal in California - are you high?