Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Anyone rejected?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never said I was. Interested to see if anyone has or is going to. If I were to reject, it’d be on the grounds of safety I guess. Tesla Vision is rubbish and not fit for purpose.
There's at least one thread where someone is taking Tesla to court over Tesla Vision's USS replacement.

Most people who are unhappy with their car stay on the forum and litter every thread with their unhappiness. Thankfully there is an ignore button :)

Most people who are unhappy with their car stay on the forum and litter every thread with their unhappiness. Thankfully there is an ignore button :)
Personally I think it’s outrageous that anyone should have the temerity to criticise their Tesla under any circumstances. Auto headlights don’t work properly? Wipers are crap? You’ve nearly been rear ended on the motorway because of violent phantom braking? Software update broke something that previously worked perfectly? Tesla disable USS and Vision is useless? The Musk promised navigate on city streets by the end of 2019 and it’s nowhere in sight? Suck it up people and stop moaning.

Luckily there are plenty of fanboys, true believers and sycophants to even the score. Which is why I’m also glad there’s an ignore button 😊

Never said I was. Interested to see if anyone has or is going to. If I were to reject, it’d be on the grounds of safety I guess. Tesla Vision is rubbish and not fit for purpose.
Problem is I don't think they warrant the performance of it, only that it exists. I don't think they mention "front and rear parking sensors" at all, but people naturally assume - as you would - that a car at this kind of price level would have them. They also don't warrant how crap the ultrasonics alternative system will be.

In short - you have every right to be unhappy about the performance of things that people take for granted in cars built after 2015 - but you probably wouldn't have an actionable complaint.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Problem is I don't think they warrant the performance of it, only that it exists. I don't think they mention "front and rear parking sensors" at all, but people naturally assume - as you would - that a car at this kind of price level would have them. They also don't warrant how crap the ultrasonics alternative system will be.

In short - you have every right to be unhappy about the performance of things that people take for granted in cars built after 2015 - but you probably wouldn't have an actionable complaint.

I often thing the satefy test scores are based on a similar model:

Does it have lane departure warning? Yes
Does it go off if I position myself on the motorway so I have a better look down the road past the car in front as I was taught (i.e. nearer the right edge of the road to see past the car in front, and still with a safe 2-3 second gap)? Also yes
Does that mean I sometimes turn it off? Yes

Is it therefore an aid to safety? We could write an essay on the topic but its a little frustrating that a safety aid sometimes (not always) stops me driving in a way that I consider to be safer.

As for rejecting? I can think of many reasons why people reject cars and its not unique to Tesla. If I understand consumer law correctly, and on the bassis that they all fall under distance selling, you can reject a car in the first 14 days, and reading this, as Tesla don't seem to tell us we can reject within 14 days, the time limit becomes 12 months, and no reason needs to be provided

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
i dont think that is grounds for rejection, as its called as a driver aid, bit like cruise control. could be wrong though

That’s it pal, I’m just pissed off like most. Having been driving Tesla now since 2020 and being relatively happy, since getting the MY in June and suffering like everyone else with the abhorrent Tesla Vision, I find myself coming to the end of my tether a bit that’s all. Like you and many others, just want something that works properly for my 50 odd G’s. 😎

Reactions: Durzel
I often thing the satefy test scores are based on a similar model:

Does it have lane departure warning? Yes
Does it go off if I position myself on the motorway so I have a better look down the road past the car in front as I was taught (i.e. nearer the right edge of the road to see past the car in front, and still with a safe 2-3 second gap)? Also yes
Does that mean I sometimes turn it off? Yes

Is it therefore an aid to safety? We could write an essay on the topic but its a little frustrating that a safety aid sometimes (not always) stops me driving in a way that I consider to be safer.

As for rejecting? I can think of many reasons why people reject cars and its not unique to Tesla. If I understand consumer law correctly, and on the bassis that they all fall under distance selling, you can reject a car in the first 14 days, and reading this, as Tesla don't seem to tell us we can reject within 14 days, the time limit becomes 12 months, and no reason needs to be provided

Good points. I had a Range Rover many moons ago that was rejected 12 months down the line. The issues had been documented since pretty much day one with it. After 9 SC visits in 13 months (each time the car being taken in for days on end), Land Rover themselves rejected it, said they weren’t prepared to spend anymore on it.

If you have expectation of perfect...everything will be crap.

Tesla makes good cars. Somethings they do better than ICE vehicles, and some things worse.

Owners have adapted to the Tesla offering and enjoy their cars. Others read of imperfections on forums, and will not stand for that.

Simply calling things Rubbish, Trash, Abhorrent, Crap or other over the top descriptions will solve anything.

If your country's laws allow you to return a car you are simply dissatisfied with, then by all means turn it in.

If not, you can always sell it, learn your lesson and be on to a different choice.

All these issues have been discussed at length in forms like this. Buyers are well aware of what the Tesla product can and cannot do.

If you made a bad choice, either turn it in, sell it or live with it.

If you keep it, there is always the chance that Tesla is working on a betterment, and will download an improvement for free when it becomes available.

Buyers are well aware of what the Tesla product can and cannot do.
I have to disagree with you here.
Most buyers are unaware of Tesla’s many foibles and limitations until they actually meet them “in the flesh” or until they join a forum like this (I dare suggest most people join this forum after their purchase, not before). Naturally Tesla sell the good bits (of which there are many), not the crap bits (of which there are also many, arguably more than should be expected).
Once you already have the thing it’s a much bigger ball ache to reject it, especially as there are often financial products in place and sourcing an alternative on such a short notice would likely be challenging. So many people just put up with it.

I think Tesla can do better, should do better and need to do better to remain the top contender in the EV offerings.