Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I canā€™t bring myself to update the wall of text it would require to document whatā€™s happened (or actually whatā€™s not happened) since my last post.

Now 4 weeks since full payment and notification of a delivery date that was removed without warning 10 days later.

Seemingly the parts have arrived and the car IS being worked on.

At this point I do not believe anything.

Iā€™ve been told I am a priority - I can only assume we both hold different meanings for that word.

The wait continues I just hope the product is better than the service.

Reactions: Exy1 and SteveH13
Sorry a late update from me!
So am currently away working in Spain and even if they had stayed true to their 14/4 ETA, I would not have been able to collect anyways. I haven't even been bothered to ring back - I'll likely will on my return next week. Sure hope I at least can take delivery at end of month at least when I will really need a vehicle šŸ„¹

Reactions: SteveH13
Hello just found this forum.

We ordered a used 2020 m3lr on the 7th March 2023 and still waiting.... all you guys on here are saying the same things that we have been told, Nearly 6 weeks down the road and no car. how long can it take???? Its crazy, and all we can think about is driving it and watching youtube videos all the time!!!
7th March?! Gives me no hope I'll hear something positive from this week then. I ordere about a week later. Call this morning returned nothing other than the ordinary. I suspect it'll be minimum 3/4 more weeks due to parts/logistics/whatever reason it is. Or they just want us to cancel our orders...

7th March?! Gives me no hope I'll hear something positive from this week then. I ordere about a week later. Call this morning returned nothing other than the ordinary. I suspect it'll be minimum 3/4 more weeks due to parts/logistics/whatever reason it is. Or they just want us to cancel our orders...
Same here, I ordered on the 19th and despite being repeatedly given a completion date of the 14th of April, that as we all know didn't happen, I've heard nothing since. Based on what others are experiencing, I've stopped chasing now, it's driving me mad and I am just accelerating the aging process by chasing and getting frustrated. The only thing that is stopping me cancelling is that I think I genuinely got a bargain, assuming the car is in an acceptable condition when I see it. I'd have to spend Ā£3K to get the same from what I can see on Autotrader, plus then buying the extended warranty presuming I even could from somebody. Meh, it's so annoying.

Same here, I ordered on the 19th and despite being repeatedly given a completion date of the 14th of April, that as we all know didn't happen, I've heard nothing since. Based on what others are experiencing, I've stopped chasing now, it's driving me mad and I am just accelerating the aging process by chasing and getting frustrated. The only thing that is stopping me cancelling is that I think I genuinely got a bargain, assuming the car is in an acceptable condition when I see it. I'd have to spend Ā£3K to get the same from what I can see on Autotrader, plus then buying the extended warranty presuming I even could from somebody. Meh, it's so annoying.
Not withstanding the fact it should never, ever, take 4+ weeks to prepare a used vehicle for delivery.

For me, the main issue is just the lack of even the most basic level of customer services acumen.

Imagine how much they could reduce the volume of phone calls, chat messages, texts etc if they would just keep everyone affected by this updated by email.

Dear <name>,

We're extremely sorry that your order <rn number> is delayed, this is caused by an unprecedented shortage of left handed screwdrivers in the workshop.

We'll provide you with a further update on the status of your order by dd/mm.

Please note, for every week your vehicle is delayed past our standard 4 week period, we will credit your account with 1,000 supercharger miles.

Regards, Tesla

Reactions: Matrel and AndyFov
Imagine how much they could reduce the volume of phone calls, chat messages, texts etc if they would just keep everyone affected by this updated by email.
You are so right and that's what my missus keeps saying to me. I am convinced that it's a corporate policy because they don't want to be seen apologising and they don't want to be seen implying that there's a problem with them, their cars, their systems or their policies. I cannot think of any other reason why they would be so obstinate in not just doing exactly as you have suggested. Or even just providing an update under my Tesla account, looking at the 'We are drafting up your contract...' text day after day is a joke.

Right, let's have a recap. Everyone who's ordered used from used inventory, when did you pay your deposit, and how's it going for you?

Me, I'm 33 days in.

I'm told my car is in London and it needs to get to Brum, that's in spite of it being in Corby when I ordered and being advised it'd be taken to Edinburgh. If it does get taken to Brum I've also heard rumours that the Birmingham collections are on hold for a couple of weeks thanks to some reorganisation.

So, how confident am I that I'll have the car within the next fortnight, or indeed at all? Not very.

Reactions: Matrel
Also 33 days in, Coby -> Edinburgh car
Given 31st March collection at Birmingham NEC
Collection cancelled due to minor cosmetic issue, awaiting parts, logistics issues, current phase of the moon
Not confident the car even exists at this point

30 days in since deposit paid.

Chased once via chat and received call back saying the car is in unspecified centre and being prepared in body shop. The collection should be in 1-2 weeks in Brent Cross or Royal Park - this call took place on day 14 after deposit has been paid.

Zero further communication - havenā€™t chased as Iā€™m on business trip abroad until April 21st and knew I could not pick it up by then.

BTW. Checking this thread 8 times a day as therapy ā€¦

6 weeks so c. 34 days in...ordered 9th March!

Got delivery confirmation on 17th March saying I can collect on 31st March. Then told it was just an error.

Been chasing every 2nd day since start of April.

Literally waiting for Tesla for a callback as we speak.

Ordered on 19th March, first callback they told me work was needed to get car ready for collection from Northampton within 2-3 weeks. On 7th of April got message saying estimated collection date of 14th April, follow up messages maintained collection expected on the 14th, but confirmation from logistics was needed at their end, other than that, car was ready to go from Corby to NEC. However, since the 13th, all messages have been ignored.

BTW. Checking this thread 8 times a day as therapy ā€¦
I am 100% sure that if there weren't so many of us in this situation and on this thread, I would have cancelled just on principle of being treated so horrifically and I wouldn't have believed that they were treating everyone else so badly too. So Tesla should be very grateful that this 'Tesla Used Car Buyers Anonymous' support group exists!!

Last edited:
It's the small things, and may show how often I'm checking in the Tesla app (too much), but I now have a VIN number showing underneath my reservation number. Anyone else have this anyway?
Yes! Mine is also showing a VIN now. Iā€™m not sure if this means anything though, as Iā€™ve always had a VIN as itā€™s a used car. Maybe they just updated the app.