Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know can these cars be put on a car transporter ?

In 2019 I went to Edinburgh for my new white SR+ M3. Thinking about trying to pick up a 20/21 non white Long range in inventory . Can’t really be arsed to go over again and collect it.

What sort of price should I be aiming to pick up say a June 2020 Long Range (not white , ideally Silver ) maybe 20-30k miles ?

Have bought cars before from Motorpoint etc and just put in a car transporter to Belfast.
I wondered the same but the information they send seems to indicate the registered purchaser has to attend in person to sign the contracts

Screenshot_20230315_094337_Samsung Internet.jpg

Get it whilst it's hot!

Impressed with the call back service from Tesla, talked through lots of things. I'm just now torn on a second hand and a vehicle I've not seen versus going for a brand new MG4 which I collect tomorrow. I might end up selling the vehicle in a few months depending on my job so I'm looking at residual values too. Tesla has lost half, will it collapse further? Will the MG hold value, these are the questions.

Impressed with the call back service from Tesla, talked through lots of things. I'm just now torn on a second hand and a vehicle I've not seen versus going for a brand new MG4 which I collect tomorrow. I might end up selling the vehicle in a few months depending on my job so I'm looking at residual values too. Tesla has lost half, will it collapse further? Will the MG hold value, these are the questions.
I was going to get an MG4 but cancelled for the 2021 Tesla LR at just a few k more. I think Tesla is at its realistic low point now as many people such as myself jumping on the relative competitive prices. The used prices were artificially inflated, the collapse in prices is just economic reality. Elec prices have put a lot of people off too with the usual newspaper scaremongering about EVs (whilst never mentioning EV elec tarrifs). In 6 months elec prices will come down again and the buyers will come back. The MG4 is fine but its not special like a Tesla is just IMO, and far more people would want a Tesla than an MG4 if they could afford it.

Reactions: ringi and robrymond
It seems unrealistic for Teslas to drop to say 15K in my eyes, Motorway are offering 17K on a Tesla M3 with 98,000 on the clock currently. I can't afford to go a higher than the MG4 price due to personal circumstances, so looking at the 2019 models.

Sucks for anyone who bought in the last however many years though.. pretty brutal depreciation, even accounting for the artificial period during 2022 and earlier.

Last I checked Tesla were offering me £35,800 trade in against a new car on my 2020 M3P. Based on the inventory prices I can't see how they'd make any money on it. Even if £35,800 sounds like a lot relative to the market, it's still ~41% depreciation in 3 years. Not sure how that compares to ICE cars but it doesn't sound much better?

Tesla offered me £55,700 for my car back in March 2022. The delta at the time to get into an identical 2022 M3P was ~£10k, which I couldn't rationalise at the time. Even though last years prices were not "real", it's still lost £20k in a year, ~1/3 of the value. Painful to consider.

I think Teslas will inevitably drop to £15k, it's just a matter of when.

The car I bought from the inventory is the colour I wanted, it's got EAP and I'm a sucker for a gadget, and buying it as a business asset should lower December's tax bill, all going well.

The long and short of it is I got in at an entry point I can afford. Time will tell how shrewd my timing was.

That would be quite a hefty impulse purchase, even for me!!

Sucks for anyone who bought in the last however many years though

I've never looked at depreciation, only "make up cost" to replace it. I know there are some swings and roundabouts, and "unfortunate timing" for some, but I think? 2nd price tumbling would imply new price doing the same.

2nd hand cars tend to hold their value better then new cars.

Welcome to the waiting game of silence now. Nobody has contacted me about mine
I think Teslas will inevitably drop to £15k, it's just a matter of when.

The car I bought from the inventory is the colour I wanted, it's got EAP and I'm a sucker for a gadget, and buying it as a business asset should lower December's tax bill, all going well.

The long and short of it is I got in at an entry point I can afford. Time will tell how shrewd my timing was.
The one I bought from used inventory had white interior and EAP and was at a good price considering it’s a 2023 model with under 200 miles. But then the realisation I don’t have parking sensors took the shine off the EAP being added.

View attachment 917832
Get it whilst it's hot!
Haha, I landed on this thread after googling what the Tesla Used Inventory buying experience is like in the UK, low and behold here is the car I ordered yesterday. :) Feels like I got a good deal! I've been monitoring the inventory for several weeks now with the help of the tesla-info.com telegram, but funny enough I saw this one even before it appeared in the telegram and snapped it up.

Just waiting to see when I can pick it up now. The Edinburgh trip will be a bit of a pain, as I have a 230 mile trip to get it home, but at least that's a good opportunity to get used to the car.

It's 391 miles for me. which is especially irritating as I'm about 40 miles from Corby.

On the upside my daughter is at Uni in Lancaster so I can say hello on the way back, though I imagine she'll likely be back for easter before I hear anything from Tesla. What's the typical wait between plonking a deposit on a "coming soon" car and getting the contract? Is that a 'how long is a piece of string?' question?

It's 391 miles for me. which is especially irritating as I'm about 40 miles from Corby.

On the upside my daughter is at Uni in Lancaster so I can say hello on the way back, though I imagine she'll likely be back for easter before I hear anything from Tesla. What's the typical wait between plonking a deposit on a "coming soon" car and getting the contract? Is that a 'how long is a piece of string?' question?
I called them and spoke to someone. They said my car was in the workshop having some parts replaced (not sure if that's a good thing or not...) and that someone would contact me in 24-48hrs to arrange delivery (not sure why the call it delivery since I have to go to bloody Edinburgh to pick it up, bu there you go). I'll report back if/when I hear more.

What I found odd when monitoring the inventory was that the Corby cars were MUCH cheaper than other places, I remember seeing practically the same vehicle with a similar age/mileage listed for £36k in Corby vs £40k in Birmingham...

Reactions: ringi
Knowing my luck Corby is Tesla's 'cut & shut' workshop. I'll get my car when they've got enough battered red ones there to piece together a decent one out of the lot. :)

I'm looking at a long day, a flight from Stansted or a very long train ride. It's a small price to pay for one of the best value M3s yet sold, and like you I'm welcoming the opportunity to have a good play with EAP.

• Funny
Reactions: Exy1
Knowing my luck Corby is Tesla's 'cut & shut' workshop. I'll get my car when they've got enough battered red ones there to piece together a decent one out of the lot. :)

I'm looking at a long day, a flight from Stansted or a very long train ride. It's a small price to pay for one of the best value M3s yet sold, and like you I'm welcoming the opportunity to have a good play with EAP.
You got a model 3 LR 2022 Dec with less than 80 miles with EAP for £30000. So any suffering is a plus plus.

Haha, I landed on this thread after googling what the Tesla Used Inventory buying experience is like in the UK, low and behold here is the car I ordered yesterday. :) Feels like I got a good deal! I've been monitoring the inventory for several weeks now with the help of the tesla-info.com telegram, but funny enough I saw this one even before it appeared in the telegram and snapped it up.

Just waiting to see when I can pick it up now. The Edinburgh trip will be a bit of a pain, as I have a 230 mile trip to get it home, but at least that's a good opportunity to get used to the car.
Congrats, that deal is even better than mine, a few more miles but its only 15 months old ffs. Plus a paint and alloy upgrade. Thats like 56k spec'd as new with the EAP.
Just as an FYI for people that have recently ordered used and its saying is in Corby now for delivery Edinburgh thats all horseshit. Tesla told me yesterday despite mine saying Edinburgh it was never there and is infact in London. There is apparently an IT bug affecting the used inventory listing it all as Edinburgh. So it could literally be bloody anywhere lol.
I would contact them on the online chat, I did that and one day they say oh yes its ready to collect.. Im collecting mine Monday now from the Heathrow Tesla.