Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the VIN showing in the app straight away when I placed my order. 🤔
Same. Ordered on Saturday and sorted out the PX side fully today. It’s now at the ‘pay when we say so’ stage and having now read this post I am super excited for a month+ long wait 🤦🏻‍♂️

My trade in value is apparently valid for the month, so wondering how that would work if delivery (collection!) is slow….I will assume fine as it’s been taken off the balance lol

I had the VIN showing in the app straight away when I placed my order. 🤔

Same. Ordered on Saturday and sorted out the PX side fully today. It’s now at the ‘pay when we say so’ stage and having now read this post I am super excited for a month+ long wait 🤦🏻‍♂️

My trade in value is apparently valid for the month, so wondering how that would work if delivery (collection!) is slow….I will assume fine as it’s been taken off the balance lol
Guys, guys... stop crushing our dreams. We were about to build a narrative where the appearance of the VIN meant the car would choppered onto our driveways by the morning.

Slight update, threatened to cancel (although I was actually going to cancel) and they said the "realistic timeline....is that "your car will be ready for collection in 3 weeks" (their words). And that the delay is because they "strive for the cars to be as perfect as possible"(again their words).

Given their track record I don't believe them. Just confirming that I'll get my £200 back then will likely go ahead and cancel it...too much mental strain from this than what it's worth!

Appreciate this support group though :)

Slight update, threatened to cancel (although I was actually going to cancel) and they said the "realistic timeline....is that "your car will be ready for collection in 3 weeks" (their words). And that the delay is because they "strive for the cars to be as perfect as possible"(again their words).
They're so full of s**t. These cars have been in the refurb centre for so long they will literally be the vehicle equivalent of Triggers Broom.

I'm in a slightly different position because I'm not really all that bothered whether mine ever materialises or not.

It's not quite the bargain I thought it was, given it's a 2020 car with a 2019 registration plate, and the we've missed the opportunity to get it paid for in the last tax year's accounts, and the capital allowances don't work on used cars like they do on new. EAP, it transpires, isn't really worth the premium I'd assumed it might be worth either.

Still, the Leaf is sold now, and we're going to need something. Unless I find something else, and I'm not really looking tbh, just sitting it out to see what eventually happens feels like the thing to do.

Reactions: SteveH13
They're so full of s**t.
Pretty much sums it up and I am finding it's really difficult to move past the sense that they are told to lie or at least to say nothing than utterly generic non-committal platitudes. I am wondering how long I could string them along with promises that I have definitely transferred the final payment for the car, or just ignore their attempts to arrange a collection day, before they threaten to cancel the deal.

Screenshot_20230418_151612_Chrome.jpg
Is it this one? Just seen it flash up. Looking at your previous messages, it could the the same car?

Reactions: AndyFov
I'd never notcied the "previously repaired" tag before, but it appears on several.

If it's just things like bumpers I'm surprised they need to actually declare that. These can't be insurance claims, just people returning at the end of their term having perhaps had the odd bollard related mishap at the supermarket ?

Though it's perhaps indicitative that the silly cheap cars were silly cheap for a reason?

I would also like to add that when I ordered it, it didn't say "previously repaired".

Though it's perhaps indicitative that the silly cheap cars were silly cheap for a reason?
Hmmm, worrying that it didn't originally say that, but then they discovered the faults and decided it should now show as a 'repaired' car. Like you say @AndyFov it would be frustrating if the reason some were cheap was because they're in a bad condition. I would have liked to have known that was the case, rather than discover at collection that a big part of the delay was the degree of repairs they had to make.

Just had the following from Tesla 10 minutes ago...

We are currently still waiting for parts on order to complete your car, which we are expecting to arrive with us later this week to our site in Corby. We hope to be able to reach out to you soon with more updates and a date to schedule a collection of your new car. Thank you for your patience, please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks - Tesla Corby.

First thing that struck me - what are the chances of them finding an employee called Tesla Corby!!

Second thing was that yeah, it was cheap because it was broken.

Reactions: AndyFov
Yes that is the one. I would also like to add that when I ordered it, it didn't say "previously repaired".

Well it looks like it's found a buyer already.

I'd like to welcome its new buyer to the board, and be the first to assure that, though this was written a month ago, what you're experiencing is very normal for Tesla. It took me by surprise too.

Reactions: redmamoth