Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from me. It looks like they are going to open Corby for collections. Nightmare to get to via rail, but hopefully will speed up the collection.

Still no date though yet.
That's interesting. I've just got back to the UK from work, and waited an hour to talk to someone on the phone.
Apparently on mine most of the refurb work has been done but delivery date been pushed back 3 times so will look into why that's been the case.

Gah.

Update from me. It looks like they are going to open Corby for collections. Nightmare to get to via rail, but hopefully will speed up the collection.

Still no date though yet.
Thanks for the update and I suppose it's something, but I don't even feel the slightest bump in enthusiasm at this stage. It's going to be weeks yet and I now know I'm getting a car that was knackered and needs a bunch of parts. I suppose it's good that they replace parts like windscreens, bumpers or whatever and in theory I appreciate that a brand new replacement is better than a slightly damaged original. It's just morbid curiosity that makes me want to see it through now.

• Funny
Reactions: AndyFov
Another small update - text update to confirm that they have now opened Corby collection site to speed things up.
However they've given 6 weeks as an estimated time of completion... ffs. Likely 6 weeks from today? As it's coming up to the 6 week mark for me this week..

Reactions: Matrel
If they're telling you six weeks it'll likely be much longer than that. ;)

- Mine has depreciated £1400 since I paid the deposit. God knows where that line'll be by the time I'm able to collect.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 205401.jpg

Another small update - text update to confirm that they have now opened Corby collection site to speed things up.
However they've given 6 weeks as an estimated time of completion... ffs. Likely 6 weeks from today? As it's coming up to the 6 week mark for me this week..
No, I think they mean 6 weeks from when you ordered. At least that’s what I’m telling myself… You have to remember they very much follow the ‘over promise, under deliver’ ethos, so 6 weeks likely means 7-8.

If they're telling you six weeks it'll likely be much longer than that. ;)

- Mine has depreciated £1400 since I paid the deposit. God knows where that line'll be by the time I'm able to collect.

View attachment 929985
And this article suggests we are likely to see more of the same 🤦

Update my side, had quite an insightful call today, don't know why they couldn't have shared this data earlier. It looks like my used Tesla has been modified quite a lot so there has been a lot of work done to remove things like 'third party accessories' including the centre console charging mat, some damage to the interior B pillar, some boot struts, standard new aero covers and new key card. And they've told me they are now waiting for two parts, the road safety kit and lower pillar assembly, which are at another service centre.

He noted an estimated delivery date of the 26th for those parts and 28th for completion at 4pm (not holding my breath!)

He seemed to be able to give me zero information until I quizzed about the Corby centre. By the way he had not heard about Corby being used for collection but confirmed the NEC collection point had been changed. It felt like he went into another section of his documents to see all of the above repairs. He said the Tesla is in my name so I will be able to see all the info when the handover has been complete. And I presume he had dived into my Tesla service history to understand what's going on as apposed to looking at delivery info. Give it a go when you next call, any repairs going on right now should be under your names.

• Informative
Reactions: AndyFov and Matrel
He noted an estimated delivery date of the 26th for those parts and 28th for completion at 4pm (not holding my breath!)
That's interesting as I was told parts for mine are expected this week. I'm just trying to find out the nature of the parts required for my vehicle. Wondering whether it's going to be a couple of days or weeks after they get the parts that it would be available - assuming they are arriving of course given that every other single thing I've been told has been a lie misleading.

Update my side, had quite an insightful call today, don't know why they couldn't have shared this data earlier.
Thanks for the pointer @Canonicals - used the online messaging and apart from them accidentally sending through a 'text Yes to cancel your Tesla' message, they arranged for somebody to call me.

Like you, the work is removing third party gubbins - window tints in my case, plus replacing a number of interior components, seat back, seat cards and so forth. He was also very much reinforcing that they have too many cars in right now and are struggling with backlog, plus parts. Like you I'm also told I have a preliminary completion date of the 28th. We will see, but it's the first genuine conversation I've had since placing the order.

Reactions: Canonicals
3rd party modified px is fine, happens all the time, but the policy to put back to standard is causing additional work (over a usual dealer who would likely just forecourt or auction it)

If they are doing all this work tho, I can live with 6 weeks waiting. Let’s hope the standard of work is up to the expectations I now have!

Reactions: Matrel
Mine too, but the price I paid is still £3,200 under market average, so I'm still pretty happy. Besides, it was never an investment in the first place.

What's more annoying is the 1 month warranty i've lost while it's been sat in a field in Corby!

Reactions: AndyFov