Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've taken delivery at Corby. Car was listed as "previously repaired", but went through the standard checklist to check alignment of panels, any cosmetic issues etc. everything fine.

Probably world's most underwhelming handover, literally a big car park in front of another even bigger car park (behind metal railing) with loads more Tesla vehicles. Many MY21 and 22 vehicles in the front row, mostly 3s.

Helpful reps in the Model X operating out of an iPad to make sure all good before driving off and setting up the Tesla app.

Fingers crossed for everyone else awaiting.

PXL_20230428_122814949.jpg

Wow 6 cars, that is testament to how fun they drive though eh!

original MS replaced with another MS at 3.5 years and 95K miles (primary car)
Got M3 when it came out as second car, and to replace "backup ICE" - as we had found that the MS was actually fine in practice, and the replacement MS has even better range
That M3 was replaced with MY (need hatchback)

2x family members have M3 too.

Thanks very much for posting that - it has heavily influenced my current position. I selected a 20 plate M3P with 33K at a price of £30,800, a lot later than some other folks here, on the 19th of March. I now anticipate that at that price, in addition to the repaired damage I know about, there will be other damage that isn't repaired, or is badly repaired. I am fairly confident that if I do go ahead, when I go to collect it, it will be a sinking feeling when I set eyes on it, not one of 'brilliant, what a bargain' and I will probably return it - EAP and an extended warranty are worth nothing on a car you look at every morning and regret buying.

The equivalents that are on my doorstep and I have physically inspected are one at £29K, but 60K miles, with the condition of the car I would describe as very good given its age and mileage. Just a few dings on the wheels and a couple of paint chips. A great deal, but the mileage is way higher than what I would normally be happy with and I would worry about the long term costs, but at least I can see it has been cared for.

The alternative is an absolutely immaculate one at £35K with 20,000 miles. When I say immaculate, it looks like it hasn't gone anywhere, there isn't a single mark on any alloy, the only things are some light scratching of the black gloss interior and the start of the inevitable delamination of the carbon fibre spoiler. The bodywork is absolutely unmarked. But it is missing EAP and obviously the extended warranty. So already expensive, but rightly so given the condition, but would need another £4-5K spending to be equivalent. Plus I can't actually afford it! 😂

At least with either of those, I would know exactly what I am getting when I hand my money over and am not going to have to sit for another however long waiting for my money back so I can buy something else. I have to admit, I very keen to hear what those collecting their cars tell us later today!!
Sounds like we got a very similar deal. I got the silver/white interior performance 36,000k for 29,500 and had the feeling it was priced a bit under the other ones around it.

But my initial reason to go for this car was it’s depreciated about 50% already and that is a bit of a bargain in my opinion. You get a lot of car for that money.

Eap im not sure how much this is going to be useful? Just my opinion though.
Well I've just cancelled - bought the £28K M3P, collect it on Sunday. Took it for a drive and honestly it was exactly the same as the brand new Tesla demo car I drove, but faster. It is in really great condition and yes it is higher mileage than I would like, but it still feels like a great deal and it doesn't need anything doing. Point blank refusal from Tesla to get my £200 back, but honestly, it's worth it just to not have to deal with their nonsense any more. Even the guy who I cancelled with was spinning me nonsense about when it would be ready. It's actually a weight off my mind and knowing that I know exactly what I am collecting on Sunday and am already excited about it, not nervous, is a very pleasant change!

View attachment 932604
Did you cancel or pick this car up?

Did you cancel or pick this car up?
Sorry, not clear unless you track all 50 messages I’ve posted! 😂

So I cancelled the M3P I had on order with Tesla directly (£30,800 35K miles) as I convinced myself that it was going to be trashed based on the amount of work they were doing to it and its low price. Instead I bought the one in the picture, same spec but with higher mileage (£28,380 61K miles). Yes I am missing the warranty and the EAP, but then it was cheaper and I could see it IRL and it’s in great condition. It has obviously been somebody’s pride and joy and I am collecting it on Sunday. Basically enjoying the experience again!!

still waiting for mine without any update of when it will be ready.. car is done 13k but had issues with some passenger seat lights getting replaced and 4 new tyres with a new spoiler.

This is a 20 plate and would of thought based on the mileage not driven much so in my mind was expecting a car with minimal wear and tear as not driven much.

Looking at the road tax/mot history this was taken off the road January.. so coming up to a good part of 3 months for them to get this car ready!

I wanted to cancel but by the time they get money back car might be ready.. they take the money instantly but to return they need weeks to process

Sorry, not clear unless you track all 50 messages I’ve posted! 😂

So I cancelled the M3P I had on order with Tesla directly (£30,800 35K miles) as I convinced myself that it was going to be trashed based on the amount of work they were doing to it and its low price. Instead I bought the one in the picture, same spec but with higher mileage (£28,380 61K miles). Yes I am missing the warranty and the EAP, but then it was cheaper and I could see it IRL and it’s in great condition. It has obviously been somebody’s pride and joy and I am collecting it on Sunday. Basically enjoying the experience again!!
nice and good for you. It’s high mileage but you hear or model s’ going for about 3/400,000 miles so I’m sure it’ll be great.

Is it the 3p again you got? What sort of range is it displaying?

Congrats also!

Is it the 3p again you got? What sort of range is it displaying?
Yes, it’s a M3P - I know this from the test drive by nearly putting it in a hedge when reversing to let a truck make a wide turn! 😂

No idea on the range, they had the battery set to % and I didn’t really have time to muck about with it. I’ll update here when I collect it tomorrow :)

Reactions: Dommmm
Really hope all those waiting start getting some definitive collection dates shortly.

I waited 3 weeks to collect mine after paying upfront and that felt like a lifetime and then the daily chasing as nobody wants to tell the truth. Not a nice experience at all and I was being told the same spill around 2 weeks+ if I wanted a refund.

I’m a 1000 miles in now after collecting on the 01/04 and can only say it’s worth the wait and I really hope everyone’s cars meet their expectations when they do finally get that date.

off topic here, Tesla gave me 100 supercharger miles yesterday for apparently handing the car with less than 50% battery on collection. I collected with 100% so nice freebie. But it would be better to give say 1,000 miles for each week you had to wait for collection.

Reactions: Dommmm
But it would be better to give say 1,000 miles for each week you had to wait for collection

I wonder if they would wear that? Horse has probably bolted but:

"Your car will be ready in 2 weeks"
"OK, given you are sure about that, can I have in writing that you will give me 1,000 free supercharger miles for every week, or part week, that you are over that date ... for the inconvenience that will cause me"

If the answer to that is "no" then the pushback could be "You can't be confident about your promise on delivery date then?"
"Of course I'm confident"
"But not enough top put your wallet where your mouth is?"

Probably just ping-pong after that ...

- looking at what's out there:

I've reserved a 19 plated red M3 SR+ with 46k miles, that extra year of warranty and EAP for £23,400.

If I were to go for this instead, I lose the EAP, which looks like a bit of a valueless gimmick to be fair, and the warranty. It's younger though, and it's long range, and it's only £4k more expensive.

I'm beginning to think telling Tesla where to go could be the best course of action.

I wonder if they would wear that? Horse has probably bolted but:

"Your car will be ready in 2 weeks"
"OK, given you are sure about that, can I have in writing that you will give me 1,000 free supercharger miles for every week, or part week, that you are over that date ... for the inconvenience that will cause me"

If the answer to that is "no" then the pushback could be "You can't be confident about your promise on delivery date then?"
"Of course I'm confident"
"But not enough top put your wallet where your mouth is?"

Probably just ping-pong after that ...
I've been consistently told that the dates given are purely estimates so whenever we pass a particular 'promised' date that's the first excuse! All Tesla call centre staff generally seem to have zero idea and make up dates to keep you at bay. That's my opinion anyway.