Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK CHAdeMO - worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm looking forward to taking delivery of my 70D next month and am trying to make sure I've got everything I need sorted in advance. One thing I'm not sure about is the CHAdeMO adapter. Do any other UK drivers out there use this for motorway services charging or do you find the Tesla Supercharger network sufficient?

Thanks,

It depends where you are going and where you live. The Tesla SC's are pretty well spaced, whereas the Ecotricity Rapids are at 96% of motorway services, all the Ikea and some of the Nissan dealers (although they might say no). There is a drought on Chargers in Essex. there are 3 at Thurrock services(QE2 bridge) and another at Ikea Lakeside. M25 Jnc 26 has a Nissan owned Chademo and the next one is at M25 jnc 25 Edmonton Ikea, or there's one at Witham on the A12 and one more in Romford and Colchester (both Nissan again). That is it for the free ones in Essex.

Thanks. I'm in Cheshire but actually drive to Essex quite a bit, so that's useful information. I hadn't realised Nissan dealers had chargers available.

I'd heard some rumours that Ecotricity were going to start charging at some point soon?