Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Delivery Date Slipping Back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Placed my UK reservation on 4th April 2016. For as long as I can remember, the delivery estimator has said "Early 2019" which I have optimistically thought of as some point in the first half of the year.

Today the same page simple says "2019", the word "early" has vanished

Not promising, any other UK reservation holders seeing the same thing?

Going to have another look at a used model S, to tied me over until Xmas

David

Yes, it's just '2019' on my page too. I reserved on March 31st 2016.

Some may say that 'early' 2019 should mean Jan or Feb. Others might say it means Q1. Others could say it's any time before mid-year.

My own guess is early reservation holders might see a car sometime in June or July but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being later.
Personally, I was always going to wait for the 3 and I still will.

Hi All

Placed my UK reservation on 4th April 2016. For as long as I can remember, the delivery estimator has said "Early 2019" which I have optimistically thought of as some point in the first half of the year.

Today the same page simple says "2019", the word "early" has vanished

Not promising, any other UK reservation holders seeing the same thing?

Going to have another look at a used model S, to tied me over until Xmas

David

Same here (reserved last year). I think that "Early 2019" was always wrong, as it was stated that UK M3 would come in the second half of 2019. I truly hope this means "from June onwards", so maybe I can get mine for July or so :)

I don't know that there's even any evidence that they are building right hand drive copies yet. I have a feeling you all are in for a wait. Realize that I was originally told I would be getting my car in early 2018 and was fretting about how to dispose of a lease that was going to run out in July of that year.

I ended up taking delivery in September of 2018 instead.

I don't know that there's even any evidence that they are building right hand drive copies yet. I have a feeling you all are in for a wait. Realize that I was originally told I would be getting my car in early 2018 and was fretting about how to dispose of a lease that was going to run out in July of that year.

I ended up taking delivery in September of 2018 instead.

I hope that 2019 will be the year at least :D

I hope that 2019 will be the year at least :D

I'm pretty sure you guys are getting your cars sometime this year. Tesla is under enormous pressure to deliver every car they can at the higher price point since those are the more profitable one. It's also not their first rodeo for right hand drive markets since the S/X are already sold globally in those configs.

I imagine that the right hand drive market has higher priority since Tesla is already building those in volume and the modifications needed for the EU market are probably quite small.

Soon after reserving mine I seem to remember reading some information somewhere which suggested the production line(s) could be a mix of LHD and RHD, so foolishly I thought we might be getting ours as soon as the European spec cars began to be built.

Reading between the lines, I'd say that reserved RHD cars are going to be built after the reserved Euro LHD cars have all been built.

Without knowing accurate numbers of reservations for each country and how the production lines are doing, it's all going to be guesswork.