TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK M3 owners - EO mini Pro or Tesla wall connector?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by tesrac, Sep 25, 2019.

1. tesrac

tesrac New Member

We had someone round surveying our property the other day. Looking at installing EO mini Pro but the guy recommended Tesla wall connector. The pros of the Tesla wall connector are software updates and that opens when the Tesla pulls up near it. Obviously there is a price difference.
    Anyone can share their experience with either of these 2?

2. TheEVadvisor

TheEVadvisor Member

It doesn't open when you get close. It has a button on the handle when you press it the charge port on the Tesla flips open. EO mini is neat but you will have hassle of attaching the type 2 cable in all the time, better to get a tethered unit IMO

3. buzbe

buzbe Member

Is the TWC eligible for the Government grant? I didn’t think it was - whilst the EO mini is?

What about PodPoint and ChargeMaster? What chargepoints do people recommend?

4. TheEVadvisor

TheEVadvisor Member

no the TWC is not eligible unfortunately. i would go for pod-point tethered, it's what I have and excellent. The other option is Zappi 2 very nice unit.

5. Twig

Twig New Member

I know this is not relative to the question asked but..
    I have three (3 phase) quotes but really don't know which way to go.

JuiceBox –22kW 3.8m Tethered
    EV Box Elvi 22kW 4m tethered
    or
    Wallbox – Pulsar plus 22kW 5m tethered

Anyone had problems/recommendations for any of these units?

6. TheEVadvisor

TheEVadvisor Member

not heard of any of the above units... why not try pod point or zappi 2?

7. PXW1

PXW1 Member

I’ve got the EO mini with a tethered 8m Type 2 cable. Looks neat but I can’t comment on functionality yet as I don’t get the car til tomorrow. Tesla charger was a non starter for me as it doesn’t get the OLEV grant. You have to be “smart” these days...

8. ChrisA70

ChrisA70 Member

I would recommend the PodPoint - purchasing and installation process went very smoothly and it works perfectly.