Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The workaround consists in sending any url you want through the YouTube app on the car to get it fullscreen

Jump in your parked car and from the browser, visit this link and click Go To Site

Tell me what you think
Ok..
I am either dumb or very confused.

The link works... But HOW would you add this to favourites?!

As once you click go, it launches youtube and browser is closed. If add favourites, then now address can be entered in favourite's address as it takes only what current page address it is
I cannot also copy anything to the memory as there is no copy button...

So far the only option is to type full address manually!?

Thank god for the update I suppose

If you could see more of what’s happening behind it might actually be quite useful (assuming you were willing to trust it, which you probably wouldn’t be)….

So looks like we're getting more like the proper FSD visualizations in this update? *** actually it's not the proper FSD view but you do seem to get more care going in the other direction etc ***

He has various videos on the linked users twitter.

Last edited:
Disappointed a lot of the useful features require premium connectivity.
I’ve noticed since 2024.8 that my car doesn’t transition from home wifi to my personal hotspot like it used to either. All settings the same.
More being done to push the subscription uptake ?

Seen some of the videos of the interface. The 3D view of the car when parked and how it pans around reminds me more of what my Lotus had. I think can see why this isn't on the Intel Atom as the GPU probably isn't up to it. I expect though it won't be a big deal, it's a visual gimmick for most part that'll look cool in the sales room to sell new cars.
I will be disabling this feature - my Zappi is directly behind the boot and I have no desire for it to randomly open when I stand there. Pressing the release button is fine by me.
Do you have Model 3 Highland? If not you won't have the option of this feature anyway.

I did think about why they don't do it without UWB and think it's a security issue. Bluetooth isn't accurate enough to know where you are exactly. So there's a risk maybe you are at front of car, sat inside and then rear camera or USS if they use it pick up a human behind and it opens your boot for them. Not sure you want it where you might be near your car and boot opens for a stranger.

Do you have Model 3 Highland? If not you won't have the option of this feature anyway.
Oh, I missed that, I'm in the USA at the moment with grandkids so not really keeping up with things.

(....though I did have a very impressive journey through the city two nights ago in a friends FSD v12 Beta Model Y. I stepped into the car on my Daughters drive and it literally drove us several miles through the city, stopping, indicating, changing lanes, turning and eventually pulling into the parking lot at our destination. At least 10 minutes in all. The only human intervention was occasional torque to the wheel, about every 1min 30sec as required in the USA).

Oh, I missed that, I'm in the USA at the moment with grandkids so not really keeping up with things.

(....though I did have a very impressive journey through the city two nights ago in a friends FSD v12 Beta Model Y. I stepped into the car on my Daughters drive and it literally drove us several miles through the city, stopping, indicating, changing lanes, turning and eventually pulling into the parking lot at our destination. At least 10 minutes in all. The only human intervention was occasional torque to the wheel, about every 1min 30sec as required in the USA).
I’d love to experience this. Tried to get in a self driving taxi in Vegas last time I was there but didn’t manage to hail one in the end.

Well obviously get this eventually, just sadly feel a mixture of laws plus Tesla giving a damn about bringing it to the UK is probably still 5+ years out.

Seen some of the videos of the interface. The 3D view of the car when parked and how it pans around reminds me more of what my Lotus had. I think can see why this isn't on the Intel Atom as the GPU probably isn't up to it. I expect though it won't be a big deal, it's a visual gimmick for most part that'll look cool in the sales room to sell new cars.

I did think about why they don't do it without UWB and think it's a security issue. Bluetooth isn't accurate enough to know where you are exactly. So there's a risk maybe you are at front of car, sat inside and then rear camera or USS if they use it pick up a human behind and it opens your boot for them. Not sure you want it where you might be near your car and boot opens for a stranger.
it is intel igpu with atom.

In Windows, gaming is limited to less demanding or quite old games (I.E. Half life...). Using Android, even high end 3D games should run fluently. For example Team Fortress 2 was running on the Surface 3 (x7-Z8700) only in lowest settings and 1280x720 fluently (11 - 69 fps range).

The integrated video decoder is able to display even 4K videos (H.264 tested) fluently.

Seriously, the only factor is that they so desperately wanted to release it that they coded it for ryzen only.

it will be released to atom with next patch or two

it is intel igpu with atom.

In Windows, gaming is limited to less demanding or quite old games (I.E. Half life...). Using Android, even high end 3D games should run fluently. For example Team Fortress 2 was running on the Surface 3 (x7-Z8700) only in lowest settings and 1280x720 fluently (11 - 69 fps range).

The integrated video decoder is able to display even 4K videos (H.264 tested) fluently.

Seriously, the only factor is that they so desperately wanted to release it that they coded it for ryzen only.

it will be released to atom with next patch or two
It's a very slow GPU even when released in 2015 I think roughly. The Tesla screen is 1920 x 1200. Its not just got to render that 3D model, theres lots of other things going on with the display. They like their interface to be smooth and fast, will owners be pleased if they push an update out that makes their reasonably smooth interface in their car become slow and laggy does to render nice looking 3D car model? I don't think so.

Maybe it will come as you think but also why would they bother? It's clearly to have something nice and flash in the sales room, it doesn't add any functionality. Why bother to add this to cars with a Processor they've not used for years in new cars.

It's a very slow GPU even when released in 2015 I think roughly. The Tesla screen is 1920 x 1200. Its not just got to render that 3D model, theres lots of other things going on with the display. They like their interface to be smooth and fast, will owners be pleased if they push an update out that makes their reasonably smooth interface in their car become slow and laggy does to render nice looking 3D car model? I don't think so.

Maybe it will come as you think but also why would they bother? It's clearly to have something nice and flash in the sales room, it doesn't add any functionality. Why bother to add this to cars with a Processor they've not used for years in new cars.
yes, it is slow gpu.
but at the same time, the menu while parked and many other options in this upgrade are not gpu intensive

I’d love to experience this. Tried to get in a self driving taxi in Vegas last time I was there but didn’t manage to hail one in the end.

Well obviously get this eventually, just sadly feel a mixture of laws plus Tesla giving a damn about bringing it to the UK is probably still 5+ years out.
I’m not so sure, every road was on the standard US grid system & all lanes were very wide. Part of the route included a roundabout near my Daughters house and it stopped then proceeded across (nothing else around at that point though). Waiting at lights/junctions in the appropriate lane and turning correctly was impressive and at no point was the car travelling at a speed any different to those around us. It would have seemed rude for me to film as I had met my friends wife for the first time so we were talking to her in the seat behind me as we drove.

To them, what the car was doing seemed completely normal and of almost no consequence (this was a free trial of FSD v12 Beta, week three of four).

Obviously the developers at Tesla disagree with you because they aren't offering it on the Atom. If it worked fine, I don't think they'd have limited it to newer cars.

Historically, Tesla have a track record of releasing on latest hardware first then implementing on legacy hardware later if capable (or they have the will or desire).

Just because it’s not being released on MCU2 now does not mean it’s not capable to be. It just means that it’s been implemented on Ryzen first. Only time will tell what changes will filter down to HW2. Many V11 UI release features still made it to MCU1 and of those that didn’t, not all were ‘atom only’ but for other reasons that would have affected even MCU2 updated cars.

it is easier for them to code for one set of instructions/drivers rather than all :/
Well no, it would be easier if all cars could run the same code as then they wouldn’t have to maintain a second interface for cars that cannot run the new one. It’s more effort for them long run to not have given you the new interface yet they went that route. Be this the GPU isn’t up to it, not enough CPU or RAM, it’s still the processor that’s the issue.

Historically, Tesla have a track record of releasing on latest hardware first then implementing on legacy hardware later if capable (or they have the will or desire).

Just because it’s not being released on MCU2 now does not mean it’s not capable to be. It just means that it’s been implemented on Ryzen first. Only time will tell what changes will filter down to HW2. Many V11 UI release features still made it to MCU1 and of those that didn’t, not all were ‘atom only’ but for other reasons that would have affected even MCU2 updated cars.
I’d love that to be the case even though I don’t have an Intel car but it shows Tesla going out their way to keep supporting older cars.

Well no, it would be easier if all cars could run the same code as then they wouldn’t have to maintain a second interface for cars that cannot run the new one. It’s more effort for them long run to not have given you the new interface yet they went that route. Be this the GPU isn’t up to it, not enough CPU or RAM, it’s still the processor that’s the issue.
well, yes, if all cars would be on same MCU/CPU/GPU. but once it is different versions, they release it for newest/most capable and then will polish the turd to make it run on other.

you talk about gpu/cpu or ram. seriously, how resource hungry this change of UI is you think?!