Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what they say...
Big car...big ... Processor?
Yeah, that is the MCU v4

1713450315600.png

Re Intel - could be a lack of performance or storage or just commonality with the rest of the range. I think I'd rather keep the current interface if that's what required to keep it stutter free.

The million dollar question is, do Intel owners continue to get the nice little features are we truely "Legacy" owners now where it's security updates and nothing else?

Reactions: Foxsbiscuits
When I think about it a bit more, Imho, that big car when in P is absolutely stupid and not necessary.

because now you have big map and you can explore directly. with this update you will have to press some button to get rid of that big car in order to enter the map.

Also now - I tap on search field, enter destination, then shift into D and off I go. With this update unnecessary screen taps will be needed I presume.

That huge car for me is absolutely useless. I touch on that screen to open boot/frunk maybe once a month at max...

EDIT: Nope, I see destination field is always there at the bottom. OK then

Re Intel - could be a lack of performance or storage or just commonality with the rest of the range. I think I'd rather keep the current interface if that's what required to keep it stutter free.

The million dollar question is, do Intel owners continue to get the nice little features are we truely "Legacy" owners now where it's security updates and nothing else?
I believe you are wrong. At the moment they did it on ryzen as probably that's easiest and "current meta".

it is not that this bug car or browser full screen is some sort of GPU intensive game or something.

To me the main feature that's already going to decide that is the ghost parking (HiFi)

There was an engineer on Twitter saying it was coming to ours but my suspicion is it's permanently benched. That's a significant feature IMO, other cars have birds eye etc, sure we have USS which is good but gimme those sweet parking lines.

When I think about it a bit more, Imho, that big car when in P is absolutely stupid and not necessary.

because now you have big map and you can explore directly. with this update you will have to press some button to get rid of that big car in order to enter the map.

That huge car for me is absolutely useless. I touch on that screen to open boot/frunk maybe once a month at max...
The map is drag expanded from the side and you essentially get the old view. One extra motion for sure.

To me the main feature that's already going to decide that is the ghost parking (HiFi)

There was an engineer on Twitter saying it was coming to ours but my suspicion is it's permanently benched. That's a significant feature IMO, other cars have birds eye etc, sure we have USS which is good but gimme those sweet parking lines.
Yes I saw that. Is it AMD+USS or just USS? Time will tell.

The notion of cars "getting heavier" is so silly, that it is so hard to believe people still using it and try to justify something.

go and check model 3 weight vs BMW 3 series - what is total weight....

I said over time.
Care to elaborate?
Try facts:

BnCzJ9BCYAAyUnP

+53% weight in 50 years... more than 400kg...

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F99feb21e-3b9b-4660-ac39-372f496c6161_1200x675.png

A near doubling for the average country fleet in 30y : 1100 to 2000....

Btw: Have you found out from my previous reply how to play plex in fullscreen yet?

I said over time.
Care to elaborate?
Try facts:

BnCzJ9BCYAAyUnP

+53% weight in 50 years... more than 400kg...

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F99feb21e-3b9b-4660-ac39-372f496c6161_1200x675.png

A near doubling for the average country fleet in 30y : 1100 to 2000....

Btw: Have you found out from my previous reply how to play plex in fullscreen yet?
well, the historical data means nothing, really, as we talk about systems which have been actively installed in cars for last decade or so. also the similar 1.6-1.8 t weight i more or less standard for all cars for the past 20 years.. so why now???

also if car is 100 kg heavier and this causes the issue, should we introduce special speed limits to cars with 1 passenger vs 4 passengers and full boot?

also, for your picture there, new golf is actually lighter than previous 2 versions and weighs same as car from 27 years ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

regarding Plex - will try tonight - did not have chance to do it ;)

I agree, it's such a strange feature to show full screen. It's not additional useful info. Gimme full screen map or ultra minimal just speed, gears, lights etc anyday.
A more customisable driving screen would be fun.
It makes more sense in the US where FSD is actually FSD, you can look on the screen and make sure the car can see what you can see and use that to intervene early if you spot that the car hasnt detected something.

I mean, we are not in the US, and I do not have FSD, but that would be my assumption as to what the point of full screen FSD is.

It makes more sense in the US where FSD is actually FSD, you can look on the screen and make sure the car can see what you can see and use that to intervene early if you spot that the car hasnt detected something.

I mean, we are not in the US, and I do not have FSD, but that would be my assumption as to what the point of full screen FSD is.
Good point. For me though that's as/more stressful than driving it myself, still having take in and assess all that info and awaiting the inevitable F-up.

Reactions: Oxid8ter
When (if) markets like UK or Australia (where the screenshot is from) get actual FSD then it could make sense - when actually using FSD. Until then it seems odd to me for someone in markets without FSD to be excited by this.

Would much rather have the option to have a minimal visualisation with customisable simultaneous tiles for map, music, energy etc., plus an ultra-minimal ultra-dark night mode.