Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Would you buy another tesla

Would you buy another Tesla

• Yes

Votes: 213 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 13.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 21.9%
  • Absolutely no way due to the way tesla treat their customers

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • Of course, Tesla are the best thing since sliced bread

Votes: 24 6.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t find my Taycan “terrible” as an EV compared to my Tesla.

What do you base your claim on?
ok, maybe terrible was a bit strong, performance unless you specify the right "mode", day to day driving range (althought its not too bad on the motorway) , the fact its been back to porsche 3 times for the a day each time for "software" updates. Its had the whole VDU replaced already as is keeps glitching and reseting itself.

58% retained value/42% depreciation as the poster you quoted showed for your car.

Mine WBACs today at £38k vs £58k new. So a 35% loss in five months.

The ICE car on our drive WBACs at 58% of its new invoice price, also 42% depreciation. Not bad for over 9 years of ownership.
Thank you. Point in case is that yours is 35% and mine is 42% including nearly 8k worth of extras ( 34% without) and that is not what I would call "50% ish" depreciation in less than a year.

My current decision is between the Model Y Long range or Performance. My Head says long range, my heart says performance. Other than the "performance" is there anything i would really be missing? Is the ride better or worse in ether of them?
The performance is reasonably priced, you get the 21" wheels which Tesla charge £2k to upgrade to 20" then you have lowered suspension and "performance brakes" (don't know how much different they are now), the increase in acceleration is the key selling point shaving 1.3s off the time.

Whether this is all worth £7k or not is down to personal opinion, you can buy the performance boost on the Long Range so thats an option too which is £1.5k for a 0.5s reduction. If I was in a money saving mode I'd get the Standard/LR version and if money wasn't an issue then Performance.

Reactions: Palros
The performance is reasonably priced, you get the 21" wheels which Tesla charge £2k to upgrade to 20" then you have lowered suspension and "performance brakes" (don't know how much different they are now), the increase in acceleration is the key selling point shaving 1.3s off the time.

Whether this is all worth £7k or not is down to personal opinion, you can buy the performance boost on the Long Range so thats an option too which is £1.5k for a 0.5s reduction. If I was in a money saving mode I'd get the Standard/LR version and if money wasn't an issue then Performance.
Given the mediocre ride quality of the MY, paying £7k for an even lowered suspension with bigger wheels looks like madness to me. I'll be happy to pay that kind of money for an air-adjustable suspension instead. But to each his own I guess.

ok, maybe terrible was a bit strong, performance unless you specify the right "mode", day to day driving range (althought its not too bad on the motorway) , the fact its been back to porsche 3 times for the a day each time for "software" updates. Its had the whole VDU replaced already as is keeps glitching and reseting itself.
..to add my own experience with a Taycan CrossTurismo. Firstly was disappointed with how it drove. Not that it didn’t drive better than a Raven MS, but that it was just incrementally better even with the rear wheel steering. It’s still a cruiser - too reluctant to change direction from a performance perspective. Then there’s the lack of usable space for wide and long items that I could easily stick into a MS. And the app was very slow. Didn’t even try motorway charging of course. Finally, what‘s with the terrible efficiency? The Raven MS does 274 WH/mi in winter with the M3 permanent magnet motor in the front and the big rear motor disengaged on the motorway.