Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Would you buy another tesla

Would you buy another Tesla

• Yes

Votes: 213 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 13.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 21.9%
  • Absolutely no way due to the way tesla treat their customers

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • Of course, Tesla are the best thing since sliced bread

Votes: 24 6.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remain to be convinced that anything of significance is being added these days. I’m not giving huge credit for adding or fixing stuff that every cheaper competitor would have had working from new.

Wait a second.

I might have spent this morning driving eastbound along the M4, feeling a bit of a loser in front of my passenger as the car dry wiped the windscreen everytime I used the washers (hey, it was sunny, who could code software for that?!), or feeling I had to apologise after autopilot put on a big swerve from the third lane aimed at the car next to me in lane two (still sunny!!!!) but I got home and installed the latest software update.

Emissions testing improved! Ability to schedule light show! (Gloss over that the last update told me that). Mahjong looks smoother (according to the notes)!

Who says that this isn’t a car that just keeps improving?! Just because Autopilot isn’t yet at the level of a 2019 Land Rover or the auto wipers aren’t at the level of a 2006 Toyota. Some people have no idea what the future looks like. Show them emissions testing!!!

• Love
Reactions: CWT3LR
Wait a second.

I might have spent this morning driving eastbound along the M4, feeling a bit of a loser in front of my passenger as the car dry wiped the windscreen everytime I used the washers (hey, it was sunny, who could code software for that?!), or feeling I had to apologise after autopilot put on a big swerve from the third lane aimed at the car next to me in lane two (still sunny!!!!) but I got home and installed the latest software update.

Emissions testing improved! Ability to schedule light show! (Gloss over that the last update told me that). Mahjong looks smoother (according to the notes)!

Who says that this isn’t a car that just keeps improving?! Just because Autopilot isn’t yet at the level of a 2019 Land Rover or the auto wipers aren’t at the level of a 2006 Toyota. Some people have no idea what the future looks like. Show them emissions testing!!!
My favourite on the list is that Tesla now allows you to use routing software that takes into account the width of the car. But removes people's ability to use USS to safely drive in tightly confined spaces.

It has been years since I first came across dimension specific sat nav - maybe 2005? And if you need to be specific about the car's width to plot a route, you must be delivering wind turbine blades. Go Team Tesla!

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Then why did you change may I ask?
I retired and handed back my company car....Lex wanted £2500 more to purchase this car than to order a new one so I foolishly bought a new one.

I had no idea USS were going away when I ordered (April 2022) or officially at any point from Tesla before, during or after delivery - it's actually this, and my subsequent conversations with Tesla Customer Abuse that p!sses me off more than the absent functionality.

Currently looking at 5ltr V8 Mustangs.

I retired and handed back my company car....Lex wanted £2500 more to purchase this car than to order a new one so I foolishly bought a new one.

I had no idea USS were going away when I ordered (April 2022) or officially at any point from Tesla before, during or after delivery - it's actually this, and my subsequent conversations with Tesla Customer Abuse that p!sses me off more than the absent functionality.

Currently looking at 5ltr V8 Mustangs.
Yes it certainly pay to research the product. dare I say you should have joined this forum sooner. It can be a good resource for sharing knowledge. Its a wee bit late to close the gates once the horses have bolted but I must say I would not have bought one knowing USS was gone.

GM are planning to invest good money in V8's at moment so might be worth waiting :)

Yes it certainly pay to research the product. dare I say you should have joined this forum sooner. It can be a good resource for sharing knowledge. Its a wee bit late to close the gates once the horses have bolted .....
Was the removal of USS noted on the forum back in April 2022?

I have been using the forum for the last three years and looked pretty hard at Tesla and the logical alternatives prior to ordering.

You don't work for Tesla Customer Abuse by any chance? The patronising and condescending tone is very familiar.

Last edited:
I have no idea. Did you not get a text from tesla?
Did you not 'properly research' my post #108 above?

Nothing, nowt, absolutely FA from Tesla before, during or after delivery re removal of USS and associated functionality, in common with a good few other people.

And if you have no idea when the USS issue was first flagged here (~October 2022 best I can tell) why the condescending words about 'not researching' properly and it 'being a wee bit late to close the gate now the horse has bolted'?!?

Last edited:
My car, ordered back in March before Tesla announced the demise of USS's I believe, was delivered last week without USS and without any notice from Tesla that the spec. of my car would be different to the one I ordered.

This annoys me more than the absence of parking assistance to be honest!

Did you not 'properly research' my post above?

Nothing, nowt, absolutely FA from Tesla before, during or after delivery re removal of USS and associated functionality, in common with a good few other people.

And if you have no idea when the USS issue was first flagged here (~October 2022) why the condescending words about 'not researching' properly and so forth?!
Yes I see. I would be pissed as well and personally would of just given it back, cut my nose to spike my face and bought the best shitter for the money that would not devalue on trade in just to see me through and to be fair that V8 would be it 👿

Folks jumping to conclusions and making ill-imformed, patronising and condescending comments on forums helps tremendously as well.
Folks jumping to conclusions and making ill-imformed, patronising and condescending comments on forums helps tremendously as well.
I've put my settings to ignore him. Seems to be nothing more than a troll with very bad manners.

I've put my settings to ignore him. Seems to be nothing more than a troll with very bad manners.
Thank you....hook and sinker.... you have a big list of hit and runs (blocking people) for sure. End of the road indeed when you cant hold a decent debate...Others also choose not to show their posting history.... Glass houses and stones at the end of the day :)

It would be good to get something fresh (design wise) from Tesla.

Personally if I were to buy another again in a few years I wouldn't want another X (been there done that) or an S (my Taycan is waaaaay better) and the 3 and Y don't suit my needs.