Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Would you buy another tesla

Would you buy another Tesla

• Yes

Votes: 213 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 13.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 21.9%
  • Absolutely no way due to the way tesla treat their customers

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • Of course, Tesla are the best thing since sliced bread

Votes: 24 6.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've yet to actually see an etron gt of any description on the road. Plenty of fat etrons and q4s about though.
I spied a nice black one on Leonard St, just off Gt Eastern St in London this morning. Very few and far between. If I wan to see a used Taycan showroom I just go to Harley/Wimpole/New Cavendish/Devonshire streets W1G. They're as common as muck around those parts. 😂

Cant be this complicated surely! .....62-50% = 31.... 54-50% = 27 ... The mind boggles.
58% retained value/42% depreciation as the poster you quoted showed for your car.

Mine WBACs today at £38k vs £58k new. So a 35% loss in five months.

The ICE car on our drive WBACs at 58% of its new invoice price, also 42% depreciation. Not bad for over 9 years of ownership.

Before that I flogged my mint B7 RS4 privately and (regretfully) my C6 RS6 again privately. Smack bang in the ballpark you’re talking about.

I advertised a (original version) Audi RS4 on Autotrader - guy that came to view it "took it away" (even thought [I thought] I was fully prepared for that scenario - impressively professional job. Kids dined out 'coz "Police had to scramble a chopper 'coz they didn't have anything that could catch it" ...

Where are these 50% depreciated model Ys being sold ? (Genuinely interested as this might tip the balance for me)

If you are not familiar with it worth having a look on tesla-info.com which aggregates data from various advertisements, and has drill-down for advert-price movement over time, previous sale (of that VIN) and "stuff"

Doesn't tell you what the actual sale price was mind ...

I advertised a (original version) Audi RS4 on Autotrader - guy that came to view it "took it away" (even thought [I thought] I was fully prepared for that scenario - impressively professional job. Kids dined out 'coz "Police had to scramble a chopper 'coz they didn't have anything that could catch it" ...
I got stopped on the A12 in Essex one day by the rozzers in my RS6. Here we go I thought…turns out someone had nicked a near identical car and no one could catch it. Mine was mapped and breathed on by MRC to a smidge over 800 brake. By fudge it was heavy but did it fly.

seen 2 etron GT's on the road and we have 1 taycan at our company, and 2 of my friends have them. To me there is only 1 winner, the porsche is by far a better looking car.

However, the porsche is terrible compared to the tesla as an EV, as a car and an experience to drive it dwarf's the telsa.

The fact you see so many Taycan's about does make me think if maybe I could have afforded one. It is too big for my liking though so even if it was I'd probably still not have got one. I can't wait for the electric Cayman to be released, now that is something I'd be very interested in.

the porsche is terrible compared to the tesla as an EV
I'm not so sure about that, I saw a video the other day where someone drive their Taycan from London to Belfast and it was pretty drama-free for him.

Edit: here's the video I was chatting about - it was Hertfordshire not London.

Reactions: CWT3LR
So i am looking to replace my model 3 (SR+) at the end of this year as my lease will be ending. I have Driven the Model Y, I4 and the Polestar. I wanted something with Single pedal driving, so a lot of the other cars don't really have this. So i skipped them. The Polestar is the only car i have driven so far that is a good as my model 3, the BMW is more expensive and badly implemented (in my opinion) and the Idrive system feels like its in the dark ages compared to the Polestar and Tesla.

My current decision is between the Model Y Long range or Performance. My Head says long range, my heart says performance. Other than the "performance" is there anything i would really be missing? Is the ride better or worse in ether of them?

So i am looking to replace my model 3 (SR+) at the end of this year as my lease will be ending. I have Driven the Model Y, I4 and the Polestar. I wanted something with Single pedal driving, so a lot of the other cars don't really have this. So i skipped them. The Polestar is the only car i have driven so far that is a good as my model 3, the BMW is more expensive and badly implemented (in my opinion) and the Idrive system feels like its in the dark ages compared to the Polestar and Tesla.

My current decision is between the Model Y Long range or Performance. My Head says long range, my heart says performance. Other than the "performance" is there anything i would really be missing? Is the ride better or worse in ether of them?
go long range

Me too. Think I will join the lengthy waiting list for an M3 Touring. Keep it longer term. Hopefully will get a decent part ex for my currently worthless Y. Think I’m done with Tesla. Far too many around too.
why is it worthless?
if WBAC gives you a bad price which is way lower than private sale (or tesla's trade in) - it would not mean it is actually worthless :/

Reactions: ringi
seen 2 etron GT's on the road and we have 1 taycan at our company, and 2 of my friends have them. To me there is only 1 winner, the porsche is by far a better looking car.

However, the porsche is terrible compared to the tesla as an EV, as a car and an experience to drive it dwarf's the telsa.
I don’t find my Taycan “terrible” as an EV compared to my Tesla.

What do you base your claim on?

Reactions: MashinBenzin