TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ultra White PUP- dash and door panel material

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Shumdit, May 19, 2016.

1. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

I think I already know the answer to this question but I know that on the seats the ultra white color is synthetic and not leather. My question is that on those models that have the premium interior option is the lower half of the dash and are the door panel inserts leather in the white color or is it also that same synthetic material? I can't see them making leather in the white color just for those particular areas on pup equipped cars but at the same time it seems the PUP upgrade is ripping off the people who choose the white interior color since they're not getting the full benefit of paying for that option. Am I mistaken?

2. Norge

Norge Member

You are right, but I think we can forgive Tesla for keeping pricing of options simple. One might even wonder why the white seats are priced like leather. But cost is not price, and I gladly paid for my ultra white interior, which takes the car from good-looking to spectacular. Playing on the stormtrooper theme is good marketing, too.

3. timf

timf Member

The Design Studio states "Leather arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard when paired with leather seating", which makes it pretty clear that the upgrade doesn't apply to the white seats since they aren't leather. I do agree it is a bit of a ripoff, but so is paying the same additional charge for synthetic seats as does leather. As Norge said though, it's all about the look and why I chose white anyway.

4. ccutrer

ccutrer Member

I see the cost of the ultra whites as paying for premium seats, even if the material cost is lower. Does ludicrous mode really cost $10,000 more in materials for a software change??!