Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra White PUP- dash and door panel material

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I already know the answer to this question but I know that on the seats the ultra white color is synthetic and not leather. My question is that on those models that have the premium interior option is the lower half of the dash and are the door panel inserts leather in the white color or is it also that same synthetic material? I can't see them making leather in the white color just for those particular areas on pup equipped cars but at the same time it seems the PUP upgrade is ripping off the people who choose the white interior color since they're not getting the full benefit of paying for that option. Am I mistaken?

You are right, but I think we can forgive Tesla for keeping pricing of options simple. One might even wonder why the white seats are priced like leather. But cost is not price, and I gladly paid for my ultra white interior, which takes the car from good-looking to spectacular. Playing on the stormtrooper theme is good marketing, too.

The Design Studio states "Leather arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard when paired with leather seating", which makes it pretty clear that the upgrade doesn't apply to the white seats since they aren't leather. I do agree it is a bit of a ripoff, but so is paying the same additional charge for synthetic seats as does leather. As Norge said though, it's all about the look and why I chose white anyway.