Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC charging at no more than 26 amps (instead of 32) in the last couple of days.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had anyone experienced something similar? I observed this the first time a week ago when I plugged downtown into a public L2 charger. I could see 26/32 on the display, showing I was not going above 26 amps. I assumed at that point that the L2 charger has some limitations.

But later, when charging at home through the UMC I also saw 26 amps. Anybody has an idea?

Good that you got that back. If you can dial the amps up in the charging screen on the car, things are still working OK. If it is stuck at something lower, there could be a failure. You said 26, and I went to look up the other thread I was thinking of. If it were stuck at 24, that would make sense as a partial failure of the onboard charger. The new chargers are made up of internal modules of 24A each, which is why they ones in the cars are either 48A (2X) or 72A (3X). So from this thread, the person's charging was stuck at 24A, no matter where the car charged, and it did turn out that they had to replace the onboard charger.
Suddenly can't charge above 24 amps?