Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to charge at supercharger, home charger works fine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to Tesla and they couldn't find anything in the logs. Tried multiple Independent stalls and shows the same error. Any idea on if there is a quick fix to it? Error says 'Unable to charge car'. Heading for road trip tomorrow and in a fix on what to do. Tesla service center is taking their sweet time to figure this out with Christmas holidays looming so not sure I am keen on waiting for them.

Just a guess: could there be dirt or damaged pins in the connector on the car's side? In case you are using just one phase charging at home you would not notice anything wrong if the lower pins are not connecting normally. Have a look with a flashlight inside the connector. I hope you can have this solved before your road trip :)

Tesla Service may need to escalate to engineering to pull the more detailed logs. Unfortunately, without that detail I doubt we're going to be able to help very much. Do you use 3-phase charging at home, or just the single-phase red connector? As Tinde notes, you may want to inspect your inlet.